year end survey

Friday, January 02, 2009

I was browsing my old blogspot and I found the year end survey I did last 2006. I thought it would be nice to answer it again and reminisce on my 2008. :)

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?

travel a lot in the summer. ignored the idle chatter coz i know and the people who know the real me, knows the truth (redundant mashado :p)

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven't kept a new year's resolution. Ever. I always say I'll do it this time but I never have. Hehehe.

Did anyone close to you die?
My great aunt passed away 5 days before Christmas but we're not close. It doesn't change the fact that it's still sad.

What countries did you visit?
Sadly... none.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Stability. More moolah. hihi

What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Summer of 2008. Bonding with family & friends

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
become more independent, stayed focused no matter what

What was your biggest failure?
giving up a lucrative job offer

Did you suffer illness or injury?
thankfully, nope

What was the best thing you bought?
hehe, babaw lang, but i loved the chocolate cookies my sister introduced me to. sobrang na-addict ako dun. hahaha!

Whose behavior merited celebration?
mine. my sme friends (c'mon, sobrang pagtitimpi :p)

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
not worth naming

Where did most of your money go?
bills and food. travel expenses

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
summer trips

What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
disturbia, with you, forever, lucky, i'm yours, dami pa :p

Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? -- sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? -- the same
iii. richer or poorer? -- richer (ng konti :p)

What do you wish you'd done more?
sleep, have dinner with my postepeeps,

What do you wish you'd done less of?
being disappointed, eating (haha! i say that every year)

How many one-night stands?
wala

What was your favorite TV program?
house, er, grey's anatomy (hehe, puro medical drama?), 30 rock, october road

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
hate is such a strong word. disappointed & indifferent maybe

What was the best book you read?
well the only books I've read this year were the Twilight books. It's not the best, but I loved it :)

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hehehe... I didn't like R&B before but I found myself liking alot of R&B this year. Through the years I've been more inclined on the rock/alternative genre, not this year though.

What did you want and get?
real friends

What was your favorite film of this year?
naman.. obvious na ang sagot ko dito :p

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i was on birthday leave, didn't do much but rested :p how old? wag na! :p

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
hmm.. i haven't thought about it yet

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
hehe, largely dependent on my mood. if not in the mood to dress up, it's jeans, tshirt & flipflops to work. of course, there'smy staple black blouses :p

What kept you sane?
My friends, and writing.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
edward.. este, rob pattinson pala ;)

What political issue stirred you the most?
sad to say, i've become apathetic to the political issues. but just recently, I became so incensed when I read the blog about this corrupt warlord of a politician who beat up a businessman and his 14 yr old son, a day after Christmas at Valley Golf. Grabe!

Who did you miss?
a lot of friends who moved on to better things :)

Who was the best new person you met?
Team Kolokoy :)

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
1. It doesn't matter what others say as long as you know and the people who matter to you know the truth.
2. The best way to recover is to let go and move on. It's no use dwelling over the past as you can't change it. Instead, make the present count and look forward to the future.

What was the nicest thing someone told you about yourself:
I know the real you.

the most touching experience you've had this year?
What touched me the most was how a bad situation made the bond between my sme family stronger.
Then there was a time na hindi kami naguusap ni Dads, sobrang nakakalungkot yun, umiyak ako sa cr nung bati na kami. hehehe, yaw ko kasi may makakita.

What did you like most about yourself this year?
i stood up for what i believed in, made a lot of new friends

What did you hate most about yourself this year?
how i became so affected about everything and it made me feel a lot of disappointments

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If the mind keeps thinking
You've had enough
But the heart keeps telling you
Don't give up
Who are we to be questioning
Wondering what is what
Don't give up
Through it all
Just stand up

Was 2008 a good year for you?
It started great, by the middle of the year there was a bit of turmoil. towards the end of the year, things are a bit better

What was your favorite moment of the year?
summer trips with family & friends. annual summer outing with my cousins in Laguna, SME overnights in Antipolo & Nasugbu. Puerto Galera with the Superfriends.

What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Board room meetings which never ended well. There's always bad news when we had the meetings at the board room. It became so bad, my teammates and I have come to hate that boardroom.

Where were you when 2008 began?
at home :D

Who were you with?
dad, sister & brother

Where will you be when 2008 ends?
i was at the office

Who will you be with when 2005 ends?
my team mates

Do you have a new years resolution for 2009?
venture out of my comfort zone :) totoo na to!

What was your favorite month of 2008?
April & May

Did you lose anybody close to you in 2008?
You don't lose people because you don't own them.

Did you miss anybody in the past year?
I missed close friends who resigned after the "fiasco"

What was your favorite record from 2008?
There were several records I liked in 2008: We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. by Jason Mraz; Viva La Vida by Coldplay, Year of the Gentleman by NeYo, Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded by Rihanna, Riot! by Paramore (techinically this was a 2007 album whiche I liked in 2008)

Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
only during summer

do a lot of drugs in 2008?
nope, legal or illegal. ehehe

Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
no

How much money did you spend in 2008?
I don't want to know.

What was your proudest moment of 2008?
when i stood up for myself :)

What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
ay madami yun, haha! wag na lang. secret na lang

If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
Turning down a lucrative job offer back in July because I wasn't ready to leave my comfort zone

What are your plans for 2009?
Become a better me. Venture out into the world. Leave my comfort zone (I've said that quite a lot haven't I? Hehe, kasi feeling ko ready na ako)

How are you different now that the year has ended?
I'm not afraid anymore.

What are your wishes for the new year?
Better, brighter, more fulfilling, richer 2009 :D

0 comments: