this is it :)

Saturday, January 03, 2009

I don't believe in horoscopes and predictions but I like reading them. Hehehe, nakakaaliw lang basahin coz sometimes it really fits my situation. Take this one for example:

"Don't allow fear of change to paralyze you.

The card in the Blocks position points to self-undermining tendencies, areas where you could be in denial, where you could get stuck -- unless you examine yourself and make some corrections.

You feel a need to change yet are fearful of doing anything about it. You are stuck. It's important to remember that nothing you can lose is truly yours, and what is truly yours never will be lost for long. Your essential nature, your eternal identity, your basic quality of being is unique and permanent. No amount of change will rob you of who you really are.

Release your attachment to appearing any particular way to yourself or anyone else. In turn you will free yourself to go through what is in front of you and gain the benefit1s."

It's so me! I just read it today, a few hours after I submitted my letter of resignation to my immediate supervisor. Ano daw?! Letter of Resignation?!

Yes, you read that right. After 4 retractions, I finally had the courage to do it.

It's only the 3rd day of the year and I've already made my 1st major decision. Papanindigan ko na ito. I've been evaluating my life for the past few months, and a few days after 2008 ended, I've come to a conclusion: that it's finally time for me to make a move, spread my wings and leave my comfort zone. I've been dragging myself to work the past few months and I'm not happy at all. I figured why stay if I'm miserable?

It was not a spur of the moment thing. Ang tagal ko to pinagisipan. But earlier while I was composing my LOR, there was no hesitation, unlike before that I had second thoughts. Of course I'm still scared, but this time, I know I will and I have to overcome my fears and apprehensions.

Our Operations Manager hasn't signed it yet and I'm still not sure if he'd let me leave on the day I noted on the letter, but one thing's for sure: there's no turning back. :)

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jet said...

Wow. In the face of everything that's going on right now, that was one brave move. But yes, you have to do what you feel is right for you. I wish you the best of luck. :)

_janis_ said...

hi jen!

you resigned? eh di, you have lots of time to rest pa. :) hope to see you this yr.

goodluck! happy new year. :)

Jennie said...

naku, sobrang nagenjoy ako sa multiply & facebook, i haven't been able to visit my blogspot in a looong time. sorry for the late reply, girls. naka-crosspost lang kasi yung blogspot ko sa multiply ko.

@jet: thanks. :) hehe, it really was a brave move, when i resigned, wala pa akong sure na lilipatan. but God is good, I was able to find work as soon as I got back from my one week vacation in Aklan. I'm now on my second week of training :)

@janis: hehe, 2 weeks lang ako nagbakasyon. bitin! ^_^ hope to see you this year too. tagal na natin di nagkikita.