e.r.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Before i proceed to my entry, let me greet a very special person.

Loving_Wishes_For_Dad!

I was up late last night browsing youtube for the Chris Brown/Rihanna concert footage coz I wasn't able to watch it. Boo hoo. Eh kasi naman, tagal na namin nagyaya ni JR walang sumasagot kung sino gusto manood, pos at the last minute nanood sila. Uy, bitter? Ahahaha! Joke lang. Of course I wanted to watch, but I can't coz 1. It's dad's birthday and my family and I had plans (which fell through, but we were able to celebrate on dad's actual birthdate, so yay!); and yung 2nd reason, secret na lang. Hehe.

Anyway, I actually didn't expect that an hour after the concert, someone would upload videos immediately. So I was pleasantly surprised to find some. A good Samaritan actaully posted footage of the whole concert. Hahah! Kamusta naman yung ngawit ng kamay nya nun? Not that I'm complaining, coz at least even if I wasn't physicall at The Fort, I was able to watch it. Ang galing ni Chris Brown, love ko na sha. Ahaha!

After browsing the concert footage, I suddenly remembered that the e.r. episode where Anthony Edwards returned, albeit in a flashback, was shown in the US last Thursday. I was so glad to find a full episode posted on youtube (thank God for youtube coz the streaming videos on the nbc e.r. website doesn't work outside the US).

e.r. has always been one of my favorite shows. It was always on my must see tv list every week, and I watched every episode from the pilot until Season 8. Why just Season 8? Coz the old Channel 5 carried e.r. but after that season, they didn't carry it anymore. e.r. resurfaced on the cable channel 2nd avenue, but they started with Season 12. WTF?! If you're gonna continue showing a series, shouldn't you start where it left off? So when I watched that, I felt disconnected to the series coz a lot has happened in 3 seasons. A number of series regulars left the show, new characters were introduced, whom I never understood completely coz there was no backgrounder for me; new story arcs which completely confused me, so I lost interest in watching it.

Way before Grey's Anatomy and House, MD, the medical drama to watch was e.r. Created by the late Michael Crichton, Steven Spielberg & John Wells, e.r. is the longest running medical drama and most awarded drama on American television. It catapulted George Clooney from obscurity to the star he is today. You could say he's the original McDreamy. :)

This is e.r.'s 15th and final season and my interest piqued again because of that. So yesterday when I watched the episode where Anthony Edward's character, Dr. Mark Greene returned (as a flashback, coz his character died at the end of Season 8), I was reminded why I loved this show in the first place. And naturally, I watched the seasons I missed. I had an e.r. youtube marathon. I enjoyed it so much, I watched the bloopers from all seasons, as well as the countdown of the top 50 e.r. moments.

My top 3 e.r. moments: 1. the death of Mark Greene (that was a real tearjerker coz I really loved his character); 2. when Carter & Lucy got stabbed by a psychotic patient & 3. Ambush, the episode they played live.

I laughed my head off. I bawled my eyes out. If you would have seen me yesterday, you would have told me, "Para kang tanga. TV show lang yan!' Hahaha! You can't blame me though. It's still tops my list of the best shows ever. Even better than Grey's Anatomy (sacrilege!). And you know how much I love Grey's Anatomy, but hey, nothing beats the original.

I am excited to know the other original cast members would return. I know for sure that Noah Wyle (Dr. John Carter) is set to do 4 episodes, Eriq La Salle (Dr. Peter Benton) is returning and will direct an episode, Juliana Margulies (Nurse Carol Hathaway) has already declined (but I am still hoping she comes back). Most of all, I am excited to know if George Clooney will be back. I really hope he does! If not for anything else, he owes the show, coz he wouldn't be the big start that he is right now it fit weren't for e.r. Latest entertainment news says he will be back, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I will watch more e.r. episodes online. All 15 seasons :)

0 comments: