positive thinking

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It's been a while since I posted a blog pala. I guess I was either too tired or I just wasn't in the mood to write.

So my beloved SME Team went back to prod last night. Surprisingly, it wasn't as toxic as I remembered. I took my last production call way back in January and I was prepared for panic and toxicity last night but I didn't feel it. I even made several upsells without even trying. Hahaha! Pure luck, and my previous TL Paul can attest to this, I don't upsell if I don't feel like it. ^_^ Pasaway! But I was still able to receive upsell spiffs before, o di ba? Hehe.

I think it also helped that all 23 of us (out of the original 34) were still in one team, under the guidance of TL Kria (huhuhu.... not for long, though, but that's another story). I realized last night that our team is really noisy. And I mean loud, booming voices, and we don't laugh, I think the proper word for it is guffaw . I'm sure some of the agents on the floor were irritated because we were noisy, but we didn't care. We were too preoccupied to notice it.

I actually made a vow last night before going to work that I wouldn't think too much about our situation at work. I wouldn't gripe nor would I complain. I also said I'd just ignore the people involved in the "big change". It's hard but I'll try. Coz it really wouldn't solve anything. I'd just feel bad about it. Maybe it's because I've accepted the fact that some people are really there to make your life challenging. Whooo! MARTIR! So not me.

I've always been a fighter. I don't like people who take advantage of other people just because they're the ones in position. I always fight for the underdog and I'm brutally honest. If I don't like you, you'll know it. You wouldn't ask yourself, "Galit ba sha?" rather you'll say, "Ah, galit sha." I'm also very vocal, but always try not to be rude (I hope I've succeeded in that). And during meetings I'm not afraid to ask questions or give my opinions when asked for it. So, doing nothing about a certain situation is not me. But I guess sometimes we all reach our saturation point. Fighting something or someone who's stubborn and don't want to budge is tiring. And rather than focus on that, I'd rather shift my focus to more positive things. Like looking for a new job that would satisfy my financial needs as well as my growth. Coz at the program I'm in, the career path is quite foggy.

So here's to more positivity. I hope I will be able to sustain it.

0 comments: