ramdom thoughts on a monday

Monday, July 21, 2008

I just checked my email and was surprised to find out that I was supposed to have a job interview today in Pasig. Yikes! Why was I not informed via text message or a phone call? I mean I check my email accounts daily, but its kinda weird that they inform people this way. Not everyone is OC like me, who absolutely MUST check my email everyday. And as OC as I am, I was still surprised that I was scheduled for an interview today. As in right this very minute.

So I just called the company and was able to speak with the recruiting director and rescheduled for tomorrow at 10 am. Wish me luck! :)

Funny, as soon as I placed the phone down, I got a text message informing me to check my email because I had an interview request. Ahaha! Kung kelan nakausap ko na yung dapat na maginterview sa akin, nun lang dumating yung text. What a weird system they have ^_^

---------------
Yesterday as I was on my way home, I received a text message from my sister. Dad was asking if I could buy 2 cans of evaporated milk. So as soon as I alighted from the jeep, I went to the 7-11 outside our village and bought the milk. As I got the milk, I saw a Gardenia Choco-mocha bread and grabbed a bar of Goya chocolate-almond bar (my current favorite). While paying for my stuff, I saw chupa-chups, my favorite childhood lollipop and got one.

When I got home, Dad said he made champorado. Yum! (So, that's what the milk was for.). As I was taking out the contents of my plastic bag, I realized one thing: everything I bought, save for the milk, had chocolate. And let's not forget the champorado. Ahahaha! My gah! How chocoholic can one get?

---------------
A couple of weeks ago, I watched The Holiday on HBO, starring Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black & Kate Winslet. I didn't want to watch it before because I thought it was corny and I don't really like Cameron Diaz that much. Well, that week I was glad I watched it. I absolutely loved it! I still don't care much for Ms. Diaz but I genuinely liked the movie.

I wonder if on my next vacation I'd meet someone like Jude Law? Heehee! Highly unlikely, but who knows?

-----------------
I haven't blogged much lately coz I can't seem to make up my mind on what to write, but today I can't seem to stop myself. :p. Rather than writing numerous short blogs I thought I'd write one long blog with snippets of ideas.

Just for a change.

-----------------
So this is my what? 4th topic? ^_^

How about celebrities this time? Hehehe.

I really can't understand what the fuss is all about Mylie Cyrus? Did I get the spelling of her name right? No? How does one spell it? Lemme check trusty ol' google. Oh, so it's Miley ^_^. Hehe, my bad.

I don't get why there's so much hype about her. (There goes the hate mail I'm gonna receive from pre-puberty fans...) I I don't like her voice. The few times I scanned the Disney Channel while her show is on, I found her acting OA. Her mouth is too wide (ang perfect ko no? :p). And she has a big ego. I saw her interview on tv and she was asked about another Disney star, Selina Gomez (now, she's way better and more humble too. At my age, why do I know her?!), and she said she's better. Che, mabuhat ba ng sariling bangko? And she wants to make a G-rated Sex & the City? Ahahaha! that's funny. And why do I even care?

-----------------
So, Angelina just gave birth to twins. Their first pictures are reportedly worth south of $16M, according to MSN. $16M or more?!! For baby pictures? The world has truly gone paparazzi crazy.

I've liked Brad Pitt since Legends of the Fall but ever since he hooked up with Angelina, I lost interest in him. Maybe because I'm on Team Aniston. Hahahaha! Affected much?

----------------
Over the weekend I read that Britney Spears just gave up full custody of her kids to her ex-husband, Kevin Federline. Ang sad. I mean I can't fathom how a mom could give up her rights to her kids like that. Mas maiintindihan ko pa kung yung dad yung mag-give up ng full custody. Not that moms deserve their kids more. But because I believe mothers and their children have this special bond. After all, the babies were in her for 9 months. Sure she has visitation rights, but its not the same as having custody of the children. Hmm.. why am I affected again?

----------------
Last na to (for this particular entry only).

I'm sure everyone have watched The Dark Knight over the weekend. US box office results say it earned $155.34M over that period, eclipsing the record previously held by Spiderman 3's opening weekend ($151M). Whoa di ba? Galeng.

Did you think that Christian Bale as the Dark Knight was overshadowed by Heath Ledger's The Joker? I thought at first that since its one of Heath Ledger's last movies (he has another one coming out within the year) the people focused more on him, but I was wrong. I still think Christian Bale fits the Batman mold best, but Heath Ledger really shined as The Joker. I mean, Jack Nicholson is a hard act to follow but his performance was nothing like Heath's. Hello? Trailer pa lang mapapa-wow ka na, sa whole movie pa? Galeng.

This early there's already a buzz that Heath could possibly get a posthumous Oscar nomination. :)

-------------
And this ends Jennie's ramdom thoughts on a monday...




0 comments: