it's time to make a move

Saturday, June 14, 2008

My week started sluggishly, then I became inundated by uptrainings (my gah, too many aux 2s for my team, I"m running out of things to uptrain. hehe) and crew briefs. But my work week ended well and I'm so happy!

First, instead of me conducting the uptraining/crew brief, I attended the training for the National June Pricing (finally! SME pa ang nahuli iupdate, anubeh? :p). At least now I am confident that I will be able to answer my team's questions regarding the new June Pricing, which will be effective tomorrow. Pahinga din for at least half of the shift from the reports, service observes and floor support. Hehehe.

Secondly, my team's metrics are above their goals. Whoopee! Looking at the latest Advanis reports, my team is running 5th for the whole site (out of 50 teams?) and 1st in Care Bay. Yehey!! Kayeser and I are keeping our fingers crossed that it stays that way. For next week, we are going to focus on the 2 agents that need more improvement, as the rest of the team are already hitting their goals.

Lastly but the most important of all, my friend and I, who had a big misunderstanding, are okay now. We haven't been speaking to each other for the past two weeks and it's my fault, I admit it. Which is why I was scared to approach him. But I am glad we are okay now. Of course, my ilang factor pa. At least on my end. Shempre after a misunderstanding, di naman agad babalik sa dati. But I am praying that we'd both put this unfortunate thing behind us and be like how we were before.

One of my co-SMEs, Kian had his last day at work last Wednesday. I was sad that he left (nabawasan na lunch buddies ko..) but at the same time I am happy that he got a good offer and he took it. I'll surely miss his one liners and patok na hirits like, "buhay na basura" - for a child "starlet" that we all dislike. Ahahaha! I know, it's mean, but damn, he comes up with these colorful descriptions that no one can match.

I envy him coz he was able to make a decision and stick to it. Unlike me, who already has this contract with a lucrative compensation which should make the decision a bit easier. And here I am still thinking about it. I mean really, what is there to think about? Especially after the new developments at work? That alone should have made my decision easier. May start date na nga ako dun eh, di pa din makadesisyon, anubayan?!

I think TL Rye is right. I am scared to leave my comfort zone. And it's not about me leaving my friends anymore coz many have already left and most are thinking of moving, too.

Today when I woke up, I made a conscious effort to make a move. And so this afternoon, I've sent out my resumes. Hopefully, I'll find a job that will not only satisfy my financial needs but my growth as well (sad to say, as much as I love the culture at my current work, that's my only need that has been satisfied). As my friend said, "Maganda nga ang culture, ano naman napala natin sa culture na yan? Nagkagrowth ba tayo sa program na to? Mabubuhay ba tayo ng culture? Magpaka-practical na." Tama ka jan friend. Kaya as much as I would love to stay, it's time for me to think far ahead.

0 comments: