ANIMO, La Salle!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Redemption. That's how I would sum up yesterday's do-or-die battle between arch rivals Ateneo de Manila University and my alma mater, De La Salle University. After sitting out last year's UAAP Season, the Archers are back with a vengeance.

I loved what Coach Franz said, “This is the only time that two is greater than three. They beat us three times (this season), but we beat them when it counted the most.”

As expected, it was another classic game between the two schools. It was exciting from start to finish. I'm not much of a game commentator, so bear with me. Hehee. Suffice to say it was another game for the books. I was so nervous during the last five mnutes, especially when. "The Eagles came up with one last gasp as rookie center Nonoy Baclao surprisingly nailed a triple to trim the margin by a basket, 62-60, with 13.6 seconds left." It was a good thing JV Casio & Rico Maierhofer sank 3out 4 freethrows after that.

It was a nail biting kind of a game. Hehehe! And it completely erased my disappointment when DLSU lost to ADMU last Thursday. It wouldn't erase the dissapointing and irritating cheerdance competition but it came close. Hahaha!

Even if I had been awake fon 20 hours by the time the game started, I wouldn't have missed it. I wanted to watch it live at the Araneta but the tickets sold like hotcakes (after all it was one of the season's most awaited game) and I'm not fool enough to buy from the scalpers. ^_^ They certainly made a killing by selling General Admission tickets, which normally sell for PhP50 for Php500 and Patron seats selling for Php6,000 a piece. Whoa... Nood na lang ako sa TV. Haha!

Before the game even started, my TL texted me about the game. Asaran kami, because he was rooting for ADMU. I would have won if we pushed through with the bet. Hahaha! Sayang. It was a good thing I had unlimited texting yesterday. Ang kulit ni TL parang commentator sa text. Shempre, di naman ako papatalo sa mga hirit nya. Wahaha! Buti na lang nanalo kami, as I had the last laugh. ^_^

Game One of the Champtionship series against The UE Warriors will be on Thursday at 3pm. It will be a tough series, as the Archers haven't won against the Warriors yet and they've had a lot of time to prepare. BUt I think the momentum is on DLSU's side. It's certainly another game to look forward to.

ANIMO La Salle!


* quotes from the Philippine Daily inquirer article, found here

0 comments: