Nesting period

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I've felt the butterflies in my stomach since Saturday afternoon.

Today I am just dreading going to work.

Training is over and we've reached the next step. Tonight is the start of our Nesting Period, when we're going to take live calls for the new program.

It's so silly actually. It's not like I haven't taken in calls before, coz I have. I've been in this industry for more than a year and I've never felt this nervous. Not when I took my very first call, nor when I took my first call as a supervisor, or when I've had the demos when I was applying for the training position.

Why now?

Ugh. I'm not sure. Maybe it's the pressure?

The pressure was not this great when we started the old program a year ago, even if I was also with the first batch. This program is different because it's going to be the biggest program in the company, and the clients made it pretty clear last Saturday that how big the program will be, would largely be due to how we in the first batch would perform. Ano beh?! Feeling nasa pressure cooker, lang.

We've had a month of training and our trainer has been wonderful, but there's still a part of me that feels I'm not ready. My old program was a piece of cake compared to the new one.

Hay.. I need more positivity. I can do this! As Rob the client said, "It's all about the attitude! They called coz they need your help and you know more about the service than they do."

On the brighter side of things, I feel that our Support leaders (Operations Manager, Shift Managers, Team Leaders) are doing a good job. They've prepared our "survival kits" and all the necessary things to make our first day a success.

Kaya ko 'to!

0 comments: