what's up, doc?

Saturday, March 31, 2007

I've been undergoing training as a supervisor for the past week and next week will be our ACS nesting period. Everything seems fine for now, but thinking about the added rights and responsibilities that come with the new job description/designation feels a bit daunting. Nah.. not really daunting... I just don't like the thought that most of the calls I'll get will come from clients that are irate, specially since I'll get the supervisor request calls. Yaks. On the other hand, I'll have more powers. Mwahahahaha!

My 15 minute demo for another position hasn't been set yet, but I've spoken with Squidward (yes, he's back!) and he said he's going to set it for next week. He just needs to review my LOI & the 3 other people's LOIs. I hope I have a chance, but I'm not going to think that I'll be the one chosen even if they've been telling me I'm a shoo-in. It's flattering I admit, specially since I withdrew my LOI but they insisted I change my mind and try again. I won't be disappointed if I don't get it, but I will be if I quit and didn't try. If it's mine, I'll jump up and down, but if it isn't, I will not lose any sleep over it because I know I did my best. :)

On the pop culture side, I've been watching new TV shows whenever I can. I looooove Heroes! It's my new must see TV show. Oh, and 30 Rock as well, Tina Fey is a very good writer, and Alec Baldwin is great but my favorite is Rachel Dratch (I liked her a lot when she was still on SNL). :) Of course, I still can't get enough of Grey's Anatomy (although Meredith Grey is so whiny, it's annoying), CSI & Veronica Mars, and I've been watching reruns of ER on cable. Yup, ER season one. :D Reminded me why I was so into Noah Wyle & George Clooney back in high school. Hehe!

I haven't been watching American Idol lately. It's been quite disappointing, save for Melinda, Jordin & of course, Lakisha. These ladies are really good. But most disappointing are my early favorites - well.. favorites back when they were still auditioning - Sanjaya & Chris Sligh. Sanjaya wins most disappointing hand down. I don't know what happened to him, he was so good during auditions. I guess he's overwhelmed, but I really think he should have been gone a long time ago. Chris on the other hand, started out good although quite cocky, but went downhill from there. I think a girl will win this year coz I don't think the boys are at par. We'll see in th coming weeks.

There's this series on Starworld that I've been criticizing but I can't help but watch it. I don't know why, but I find myself watching it whenever it's on. Has anyone seen Fashion House? I swear only Morgan Fairchild can act on that show and Bo Derek annoys the hell out of me, but I still watch it. I grumble when I do but I can't make myself change the channel. Hahahaha! Weird. And the plot is not that great either, so I really wonder why I'm hooked. Argh.

Wow.. this is new. I've posted twice n one day. I haven't done that in a long time. ^_^ It's quite nice.

4 comments:

kat said...

I spent about 3/4 of my call center life taking sup calls ehehe. The power that comes with it is awesome (in our case, we have admin rights on our PCs hehehe, and no-restrictions Internet access), but the calls... well. They're entertaining in some ways. Good luck! It's hard work, but fun too.

dennah said...

what's up, jen! =)

Kai said...

LOVE Melinda! But I'm convinced she won't win. A diva never does. :(

Jennie said...

hi kat. hehehe.. i'm beginning to like taking sup calls. it's funny how the irate customers shut up when one says, "i'm a supervisor". hahaha!

haller, deens! musta na?

hi kai. i agree. i don't think melinda will win. the show has been pimping jordin. hehehe.. conspiracy theroy ^_^