burned out? solution: summer outing!

Friday, March 16, 2007

You Are 67% Burned Out

You are very burned out.
You need a huge break from your responsibilities, starting as soon as possible.
And you need this time to reevaluate what you really want out of your life.

Because you're working hard and going no where... and that would burn anyone out!


Great. The test above just confirmed what I've been suspecting all along. I'm burned out. Not that the above-mentioned test is scientific, but it just confirmed my suspicion. And I've been feeling that way for quite a while now.

I found myself not wanting to get out of bed and go to work, sleeping in when I don't have work, I am crankier than usual and the kicker: I've been sick for a week.

Brace yourselves, this is going to be another loooong post. ^_^

Last Feb. 28 I went to work early and I felt great. I spoke with an IT guy on the phone for about 45 minutes because I couldn't log in to system, as my profile had some restrictions because we found out that my profile was erroneously placed on another account. Anyway, long story short, I was able to log in to the system and I was about to log in to my Avaya when I suddenly felt chills. As in! Nanginig buong katawan ko and my teeth were chattering. My mind went, "I'm having psychosomatic symptoms. It's like I didn't like to go to work and it manifests by having out of the blue sickness." Weird no? but I've heard of stranger things happening, so it's a possibility :)

I went to the clinic and was surprised to find out that my fever was 39 degrees! I was given medicine, was told to rest and come back after 30 minutes. 30 minutes after my fever was up to 40.1. YIKES! I wanted to go home because I felt so nauseous and I was still having chills, but the clinic just told me to rest and didn't give me a pass. Hello?! Naghahallucinate na ako sa taas ng lagnat ko, di pa din ako pinauwi? Kamusta naman yun?! When I got back to my workstation, I immediately sought out our Shift Manager and upon hearing that my fever was up to 40.1, gave me the go signal to go home. Yehey!

I didn't have the strength to go home so I went to my tita's house which was nearer. I rested and went home with my sister at 5:30pm. The next two days were my off days and I spent every waking hour in bed. I was too tired and too nauseous to get up.

I was absent for the next two days and when I get back to work, I was surprised to see my teammates already logged in, even if I was an hour early. I thought there was a huge call queue. Turns out, our schedules changed for that week from 8am-5pm to 12:00am-9pm. ARGH!!!! No one told me :( I was 7 hours late for my shift. Huhuhu! My team mates thought I was on leave (as I was scheduled to be on leave the next week. they thought it was that particular week), and my TL was also sick. Haay... we immediately called him and he asked me if our Shift Manager already saw me, I told him not yet. TL said, "Uwi ka na, ako na bahala sa absence mo, basta dala ka ng med cert." Yey! So uwi na agad ako. And came back later that day for my next day's shift.

I was only present for 2 days, after that it was already my off days then my 5 day leave, then off again. Hahahah! I was not at work for 9 days. I loved it!

I was on leave because our maternal great aunt arrived from Alaska for a vacation and she stayed with us during her last week before going home.

We also had our annual Teodosio Clan Summer Outing that week. It was great to see the family once again. We haven't been together since last summer. Sure, we see each other once in a while, like last Christmas, but not everyone was there. :) Never mind if I got sunburned (I still have an X on my back, but who cares? ^_^), and I was tired. I LOVED it! Summer was off to a great start. More pictures to follow soon. :)

Tonight my cousins and I will be together again for one of our cousin's despedida overnight party here at home. Wow. Overnight. I can't even remember when they last stayed overnight. Probably when mom was still alive.

Oh and about work? I'm trying out for a new position, I hope it turns out well. Fingers crossed. I dropped by the office earlier to submit my LOI and check my new schedule. Hehehe... I was so ecstatic when I found out that instead of going back to work tomorrow, I'll be back to work on Monday at 11pm. WOW. My 9 day vacation just turned to 11 days. I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

kat said...

Good luck on that new position! :D

Wow, this entry takes me back to the days when I used to feel the same way. Hate getting up from bed to go to work and talk to... Glad that you were able to take somes days off and rest. Sa ganyang trabaho, kailagan talaga nun ehehe.

Kai said...

Fever, at ayaw ka pang pauwiin? Ano yan, high school?!!

Jennie said...

thanks kat, i did enjoy my break. :) it felt like i was on sem break. haha!

hi kai! :) kakaiba no? if it were school nga, pinauwi na agad ako. pero looking back, i think it's not naman that they didn't want me to go home, more like they wanted to make me rest and let the fever go down a bit before i go home, because my fever was really high and it would be dangerous to go home alone at that state. :)