do you know that Cure song?

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I've been in front of the computer for about an hour and this is the only sentence I could come up with.

I have a lot of things to say, but I need a little bit more anonymity to write about it. I figured there's no way to be completely anonymous here on the net - thanks to Google, Yahoo & other search engines. So now I'm thinking maybe I should write about it on my actual diary (yes, even if I have multiple blogs, I still have a diary :p), but I'm too lazy to. Hahahaha! My goodness, ang daming reklamo!

Oh well, I better write it down now before I lose my nerve.

I'm sure you know the song, "Friday, I'm in Love" by the Cure. If not, here's the lyrics:

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love

Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate...

I don't care if Mondays black
Tuesday, Wednesday - heart attack
Thursday, never looking back
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday, you can hold your head
Tuesday, Wednesday stay in bed
Or Thursday - watch the walls instead
It's Friday, I'm in love

Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate...

Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throwing out your frown
And just smiling at the sound
And as sleek as a shriek
Spinning round and round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday, I'm in love

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love
Okay... going back to my actual concern. Hehehe!

I've loved that song since it came out in the '90s, but I haven't sung it since it peaked years ago. Until last Friday, that is. Argh.

Why argh?! I don't know.. maybe because this is so unlike me. I know I am being very vague (I hope and pray that I am) but...

Ay kaines! I didn't realize that I felt this way until last Friday. And it hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized it. Sideblinded! Okay, I know this isn't love. More like a mega-crush. And this time I am NOT talking about the office Superman.

So, I used to joke that I had a crush on him. Now I actually think it's true. AAARRRGH!! Nahawa na ako kay Bro na nung isang araw pa sabi ng sabi na, "Ate Jen, I'm love!" with matching kilig pa. Ampotah.

Clare, and whoever else knows about this, NO NAMES PLEASE! Or I will surely die of embarrassment. Not because I am ashamed of him or of liking him, but I am afraid my secret crush will learn about it.

I didn't have work yesterday, but I went to Makati to pick up an Insurance Policy from my old office. I also burned a cd for a friend, so I decided to pass by the office, since I'm in the vicinity and give the cd to her. I was on my way home and I passed by his workstation and he asked me what I was doing there on the day I have no work. Do you know what my head said?!

"Kasi gusto kitang makita."

Inaaaang!

I was floored. It was a good thing I didn't say it out loud. I would have had a cardiac arrest if I did.

I just smiled sheepishly and told him I was picking up something from my old office and I brought the cd for my friend. We chatted for about 2 minutes and then I said I had to go coz my brother was waiting for me in the parking area.

I had this big smile plastered on my face on the way to the elevator (no wonder people were looking at me funny), to the parking area, to the old office, in the car and until I arrived home.

It's a wonder why my cheeks didn't hurt.

I had this goofy smile on my face the whole day. All because we chatted for 2 freaking minutes.

Asows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaah! i know that song!!!

high school nga mare, pero oks lang yan!

sabi nga ni john cage sa ally mcbeal, even if you dont end up with someone, there's something to be said about the feeling that the person makes you have, it makes you feel like you still have that part of you intact for the future ...

missP said...

hihihi... kilig to the bones, siya. Ang sarap ng feeling nang ma In-love.. noh, Jen? ;)

Anonymous said...

Not familiar with the song, but uyyy. Inlababo! :p

Jennie said...

hi girls! :)

naku, inalababo nga :p kilig. wahahaha! at least di ba, motivated ako pumasok? :P