happy birthday, ma

Sunday, August 27, 2006

It was mom's birthday last Friday. She would have been 57, but she'll be forever 55.

We still miss her everyday. I know we'll always miss her, but knowing that she's in a wonderful place with God gives us comfort.

I had a dream last Thursday and she was in it. I prefer to think that she's visiting me in my dreams, rather than me dreaming about her because she's always in my subconscious.

In my dream, I was in my old high school walking around with my friends. We were in our school uniforms and we were walking to St. Cecilia's Hall, because there was a school event. I remember walking through the field and I felt someone looking at me. I turned around and on the covered walk to St. Cecilia's Hall, I saw a familiar figure sitting on mom's favorite reclining chair at home (Weird, I know. How can mom's chair be in school? But it's a dream, it's not supposed to make sense, unless we dig deeper, right? :p). I couldn't see her face but I said to myself, I know that outfit. It's the outfit mom was wearing on the picture above our bookshelf. The moment I realized that, the person looked at me. It was mom! She looked at me lovingly and she had the most wonderful smile on her face. I couldn't move, I just gaped at her. I wanted to run to her and hug her but I was so surprised to see her that I just stood there. She said. "I love you." and I said I love you back.

Then I woke up.

I was so frustrated to wake up, I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep again, but my mind was already going on overdrive and I couldn't. Then my cellphone alarm went off, it was time for me to get up and get ready to go to work.

I could still see her face clearly. And I'll never forget that lovely smile on her face.

Happy birthday, Ma.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...they say that when we dream of departed love ones, that they are actually there 'nagpaparamdam'... =) ~ eLa

Kai said...

At least you know that she's in a better place now. (:

Clare said...

it's good to remember your mom, kahit sad...it just goes to show how much you love her...

*hugs*

joei said...

:')

Jet said...

Hi Jen! It's been a while, huh.

Happy birthday to your Mom. I think it's good that you can dream about her cause that's one of the places where you'll always be together. :)