How I spent Labor Day

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm still aching all over. Huhuhu!

Yesterday, I had a hard time getting out of bed because I felt so sore.

I didn't care.

I still don't.

Because I had a blast swimming on Labor Day! :D

Finally, our annual clan outing pushed through. We weren't complete, because the others had previous engagements but everyone who could make it enjoyed the day.

I woke up at 5 am, coz we intended to leave the house by 6am so we wouldn't encounter the usual holiday traffic at SLEX. Hehehe... we were able to leave the house at 6:45 am, and after a quick stop at Ministop to buy ice and a splash and dash at Petron (uy, plugging :p), we were on our way to Pansol.

The drive was pleasant from the Sucat Interchange until the Calamba tollgate, where the traffic started. My cousins and I were texting each other, keeping track where we were, coz we left at different times and they came from Manila. They took a shortcut and while we were at a stoplight, we saw their van turn right from the intersection to the main road. They were ahead of us! Consideering they left their house before 7 and came from Manila, while we left 15 minutes earlier and came from Las Pinas, they were fast. Hahaha!

We were frantically texting back and forth, taunting each other that we'd overtake their vehicle and we'd arrive at the private resort first. They were 5 cars ahead of us but they didn't turn left where they should have so we ended up arriving first. Hahaha! it was fun. :D

As soon as we unloaded our things, we changed into our swimming gears, took showers and jumped into the pool. Well. the kids were already in their swimsuits so when we arrived, they went straight to the showers and jumped to the pool. Oh. I forgot. We slathered on lots of spf45 sunblock first, coz we didn't want to get sunburned.

While the moms were busy singing their hearts out (there was a videoke machine - a must at family gatherings!), we were having fun in the pool. (Pictures to follow asap)

Of course, since there's a videoke machine, I wouldn't let the day end without hogging it for a while. Heehee!

Lunch was a gastronomic delight. I planned on taking a picture of the table before eating. but I completely forgot about it. :p After resting a bit, we were back in the pool, swimming to our heart's content.

The weather was great. It wasn't as hot as it was last Saturday, and it even drizzled a bit. Because of that, and mostly because of the partially covered pool and oodles of sunblock, we didn't get sun burned. Woohoo!

As soon as we got home, the exhaustion set in and I was asleep by 9pm (My earliest sleeping time in years - I usually fall asleep past 1am).

It was a truly enjoyable day with the family.

I can't wait to see the pictures. :D

EDIT: some of the pictures have been uploaded here.

----------------------
Oh, by the way, kindly click on the icon below and help me win an ipod from AXN. Hehehe! You'd have your chance to win, too, when you save me. :) Thanks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

saya naman...


clare

Jennie said...

hi clare! :) saya talaga, sakit lang sa katawan the day after. Hahaha!