an American Idol junkie's rants

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Many people will surely disagree with me, but I am very disappointed with American Idol.

Last week, Chris Daughtry was eliminated and now they eliminated Elliot Yamin. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Taylor was alright, he's a performer, but his voice is not in league with Elliot. Taylor's song choices were very suited for his voice, and it carried him to the finals. Lately however, he's been very cocky.

As for McPhee, I used to be a fan. I admit that her rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was great, but she's acting so sure of herself. Too overconfident for my taste. When she was asked how her homecoming was, she said it was boring. Can you imagine how the people who went to her homecoming felt when they heard that?

Okay, Chris may have been overconfident too, but who wouldn't be overconfident if you've been predicted to be the next American Idol from the start? You gotta admit that he has the chops to make it to the top, and I think he'd sell more cds than the new American Idol. He stayed true to his rock roots, even if others thought he didn't have the versatility. I think his renditions of What a Wonderful World and Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman proved otherwise. Even if he didn't win American Idol, I'd still buy his cd. ;)

Elliot's the guy with the voice. There's no doubt that he has talent and his voice is one of the best. For someone who's 90% deaf on the right ear and sounds as wonderful as he does, who wouldn't be amazed? And he seems like a very nice guy, to boot. I am so sad that he didn't reach the finals. In my opinion he deserved to be there more than McPhee. I wish Elliot the best, and I hope he doesn't disappear into oblivion like most of the Idol contestants.

So, who do I think will win American Idol? My money's on Taylor.

4 comments:

Ginnyyy BoiNgG said...

Ate Jennn!! Hehe sorry ngyon lang me napadaan ulit! Bin bz, Congrats nga pla in getting published sa newspeperrr! Ima have to visit this at work mya need sleep, went back to G_Ph0enix as some silly girl was stalkin me online. NYWHEE!! HOPE UR DOIN GREATT!! Drop by again later!

Jennie said...

Ginnyyy BoiNgG! how are ya? thanks ha.

oooh. so that's why the other blog was already blank. at sino naman yang stalker na yan? tsk, tsk.

Kai said...

Are you kidding? When did Taylor come off as cocky?? I'm a fan of Katharine's as well, but she seemed to be the cocky one, especially talking back to the judges. I'm really coming to Taylor's defense, 'cuz the dude was never cocky, man.

Anyway, I really liked Elliot too. It was heartbreaking to see him go. But I'm sure he's off to better things. (:

Jennie said...

Hahaha! I knew you were going to react, Kai :p In my opinion, he was kinda cocky in some instances. No worries though, I'm rooting for him to win. :)