on swimming and birthdays

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Finally, after a week of blog non-activity, I'm back. :) Hopefully, this will be a happier post than the last one.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. There was no big celebration (just like I want mine to be :D), we just cooked spaghetti and pizza and shared it as a family. Yumm...

As of today, it looks like our annual swimming trip is going to push through. I've spoken with two of my aunts over the weekend about it. I'm going to my tita's house tomorrow and we're going to plan it. Yey!

Some friends and I are also planning a trip to Puerto Galera, sometime in May. I hope it pushes through, coz the last time we went on a beach sojourn was over three years ago. :) I think it's about time.

If both swimming trips pushes through, I'm preparing myself for patong-patong na sunburn. Woohaha! No biggie though. I can just stock up on Papaya soap and I'll be back to my normal coloring in no time at all. Besides, the trip and the company would be worth it.

Shucks, I just realized that my birthday is exactly six days away.

Six days until I hit the big 30.

Yikes!

Honestly though, I don't feel like I'm gonna be 3 decades old. Sana, I don't look like it, too. Hahaha! The only time I feel older is when I see my younger cousins and the siblings of my friends. That's when I notice how big they are now, when I can still remember them in diapers. Nyak!

It doesn't bother me that I'm getting older. What bothers me is when people ask the never-ending question: "When are you getting married?" Goodness! I think the whole time I've had this blog, I've written about this everytime my birthday is coming up. Maybe they're just curious, or they have a nosy personality. I don't know. The question per se doesn't bother me, what bothers me is how some people ask it, like I'm to be pitied because I'm not married yet. Ugh! Hello? I don't need your pity. Of course, I'd like to get married one day, but I'm not rushing and I'm not worried, so why should you be? It's not like I'll be miserable if I'm not married. Can't I be single, fabulous and love it? ;)

Sometimes I think about the what ifs, and then I'd realize that if it's meant to be, then it will happen. Does that sound fatalistic? :p I guess so, but I just like to take things as they come.

I was talking to Clare a few days back and I mentioned that I'm a bit scared of turning 30. Not because I'm not married yet, but because I'm not anywhere near the goals I've set upon turning this age. I feel like there's so much I can accomplish but I haven't yet, and I'm getting a bit impatient. Classic quarter life crisis. Aren't I over it yet? Hehehe!

I think this Holy Week is a good time for me to reflect on it. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toni said...

30 is such a huge milestone 'no? I've yet to turn 30 (well, next year pa) pero I feel the pressure of not having accomplished many things everytime a birthday draws nearer. Hay! I hope your anxiety eases p and that you enjoy your 30th!

tin said...

advanced happy birthday, jennie! all the best to you and your plans in life! *hugs*

curacha said...

hello. nice blog you got.

Jennie said...

Hi toni. yup, it's a huge milestone, which makes me feel more pressured. haha! thank you, i did enjoy it. i don't feel any different, coz after all, age is just a number, right? ;)

tin! super-duper thank you! :D *hugs*

hello, curacha :) thanks for the visit.