thursday mishmash

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I've decided to join the company outing tomorrow. Yey! I think I need a change of scenery and being the water lover that I am, I know I'll have a good time. :D I just need lots of sunblock, coz I don't want to get too tan. Hehehe.. beach bum na takot mangitim. Ang weird, no? :p

I hadn't noticed until my sister mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago, that we got sunburned from our Sunday trips to Loyola. True enough, hati na nga yung kulay ng braso ko. Kitang-kita yung mark ng shirt/blouse at meron na din mark ng watch ko. Di na pantay ang kulay ko. :p

Same time last year, I was with mom at the company outing, which was one of the reasons I had second thoughts about joining this year. But I know mom wouldn't want me sulking, so now, I'm going. :) So, this time tomorrow I'd be enjoying the beach. Sana may papalicious. Bwahahahahahaha!

Beach.... here I come!

----------------------
I was surfing the web yesterday morning, when I stumbled upon the news that Superman Christopher Reeve's widow, Dana, passed away due to lung cancer. The surprising thing about it is that she never smoked a cigarette her entire life. It's a rare occurrence, but it happens.

I feel so sad for their son, Will, who lost both his parents in a span of a year and a half. I am affected, not only because I admired his father, Chris Reeve since I was a kid, but because I can relate. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to lose both his parents at a short span of time, but I know how it feels to lose a parent to cancer. I know it's doubly hard for him and I pray that he'll have strength.

Rest in peace, Mrs. Superman.

-----------------
This year's crop of female contestants for American Idol, are so blah. If it wasn't for Mandisa and Katharine McPhee, I wouldn't watch the girls' elimination round.

It's official: I don't like Paris Bennett anymore. :p and I thought I wouldn't dislike Kellie Pickler even more, I was so wrong. I'd be very happy on the night she gets the boot.

And the boys? My favorites were awesome! And my top three just changed. Ace has been relegated to 4th place and Elliott is now on my top three. Not only does he have a good voice, but the fact that he's 90% deaf on his right ear and he can sing well is amazing. :)

------------------
I was pleasantly surprised when I came upon this clip on youtube. Who would have thought that Harvard educated Natalie Portman, who speaks five languages, can do a mean gangsta rap? Watch it, it's funny. :D

------------------
Thanks for filling out my Johari window. :) If you haven't yet, I'd appreciate it if you would. Thanks again. Click here please.

3 comments:

kai said...

So you've joined the hate Paris and Kellie bandwagon? Haha. Cool! Cool! I thought Ace's falsetto job was nothing close to what Sway did. Uh, I just can't seem to like him...at all! And yes!!! Go Mandisa, Chris, Taylor, Katharine and Elliot. Those 5 are my favorites, and can you believe I'm actually liking Gedeon already?? Hahaha, I know...it's weird. Anyway, I saw that Natalie Portman rap on SNL last weekend. I have that video up on my friendster for a few days now. It's hilarious!!!

Giannina said...

hahaha! astig yung video ni natalie portman!! ^__^

thanks sa comment sa blog ko.. nakakainspire tuloy na i pursue ang dream kong maging oncology nurse.. ^_^

Jennie said...

hi kai. yep, i've joined the hate paris bandwagon. superOA na sha. as for kellie, i've never liked her. i think her "naive, southern gal" schtick is so fake. nagawa na yun dati eh. and she's no carrie underwood. Yup, Sway's falsetto was way better than Ace's. Sayang wala na si Gedeon. I couldn't believe that he was the one voted off and not Bucky.

the Natalie Portman gangsta rap was a revelation. hahaha!

Hello ninin. :) funny no? nagulat ako when i saw it. tawa ako ng tawa.

you're welcome and good luck on being an oncology nurse. :)