first post for 2006

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

For my first post of 2006, I wanted to answer the year-ender meme I did last year. But my answers started to depress me so I decided to delete it. I didn't want a depressing post for the New Year.

The year 2006 is already on it's 4th day and I must say that so far, it's turning out to be a good year. I hope it stays like that. :) I already got a new client and I've been able to collect some of the receivables from other clients, the rest is on the way. I've had a call for a possible new job opportunity (cross fingers!), and one of my friends is going to be a mother soon. More importantly, things are doing well on the home front.

Of course, it's not all good stuff, my best friend's grandmother has been in the ICU since Dec. 29. And another friend's grandfather is undergoing chemotherapy. I wish I could do more, but all I can do is include my friends' grandparents in my prayers and lend them a comforting shoulder to cry on.

I have also taken up a new hobby - Digital Scrapbooking. Yep, I joined the bandwagon! :D I've actually been wanting to do it since last year, but it was only 2 days ago that I had the chance to try it out.

I've already made 4 projects in two days and these are just two of them (kakahiya yung una kong ginawa, at yung isa, hehehe.. secret na lang muna :p).

1. This one is for my niece, Hannah, who's celebrating her birthday next week:




2. This is my latest "project", which I finished just a few minutes ago. I was looking for layouts and elements at scrapbook-bytes.com, and I found a nice overlay about motherhood, and I was inspired to do this:



I'm excited to make new projects and I hope I don't lose interest soon. I'm a typical Arian, which means, I like starting new projects, but I get bored easily and if I do, I just stop doing it. Hehehe.

Hopefully, I get more inspired moments. I'm brushing up on my Photoshop skills, and even if I'm not as good as my siblings at Photoshop, hopefully by practicing and bugging them how to do stuff, I'll be better at it :)

6 comments:

Toni said...

Digital scrapbooking can get so addicting! :) Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

grabe, wanted to try that too, pero i don't have the patience lately...lagi akong sleepy!

for some reason our new place makes me sleepy all the time...weird huh?

happy new year!

clare

missP said...

ay ang galing!!! i think ill try this as well. by the way, i think i am probably also arian kasi i have the same trait...but I thought i am very much a Libra girl. :)

somewhat confused ;) ;)

kat said...

I'm a typical Arian, which means, I like starting new projects, but I get bored easily and if I do, I just stop doing it.

Ay, sakit ko rin yun. Hehehe. Good luck though! It's a beautiful project!

russ.â„¢ said...

hi jennie!Ü
how you doing? i think imma go to that scrapbooking site. hmm. interesting. it seems to me that it's something that will devour my time. haha. hope you're all good..

Jennie said...

@TONI: you're right, it is addicting! Happy New Year, too. :D

@CLARE: i'm so glad you've been able to sleep. ibig sabihin nyan, may peace of mind ka na. :) Happy 2006!

@MISSP: naku, try mo. mawiwili ka din :D from what I've read, librans and arians share some traits. :)

@KAT: hehehe! magkamag-anak nga siguro tayo :p thanks, i hope hindi ako ma-bore. :)

@RUSS: hi dear. i'm doing good. i hope you are, too. digiscrapping is cool. aliw na aliw pa ako. and it's a nice feeling when you get to finish a project. :)

Happy weekend, ladies!