Happy New Year!

Thursday, December 29, 2005



This blog entry has been sitting on my draft posts for almost a week. And it took me almost 2 hours before I could add a single word to it. Must be a serious case of blogger's block. :)

Christmas at our house was hectic, but it was fun. It was also my brother's birthday, ergo, family reunion time.

We were already preparing for the celebrations, two days before Christmas, because I thought it would give us enough time. Was I ever wrong! Sure early preparation helped, but there were just too many things to take care of, that we almost ran out of time.

At around 9 am, Christmas Day, I was already in a state of panic. And dami pang lulutuin! It was a good thing that our aunt and cousins from Laguna came early. Not long after that, our other relatives arrived. It eased some of my panic, pero sabi ng cousin ko, halatang ngarag na daw ako. :p

Happy naman ako at hindi disaster ang lunch namin. :D At one point, my cousin, Ate Weng (who gave birth 5 days before Christmas!), said that the dishes I cooked (it was a potluck lunch) tasted like the dishes mom used to make. Aww.. Natuwa naman ako dun. Of course, I was also teary-eyed when I heard that. :)

Christmas this year was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. If I didn't know better, I'd really think that I'm bipolar. Hahaha! I'd be happy one time and a few mnutes after I'd think of mom and I'd feel my tears falling down my cheeks. Case in point: after lunch nag-videoke kami (a staple at all Teodosio clan gatherings), and one of my cousins was singing Valentine by Jim Brickman. The moment I heard it, my years just fell, prompting my Tita Belle to ask what was wrong. And I told her that it was one of mom's favorite songs. I had to excuse my self to stop the tears, coz I could see that their eyes were beginning to water. I knew that if I stayed, the reunion would turn into a bawl fest. :)

It was an exhausting day, but I thought it was worth it. It was great to see our relatives again, and although there were sad moments, the happy exceeded it.

-----------------
It will be 2006 in 3 days, and I honestly can't wait for it to end. This year wasn't a good one for me and I am looking forward to the new year. I am hoping that it will be a better year in all aspects. :)

Ang galeng! Mr. Brightside is my favorite song for the year, and when I answered the meme, I got this:

Your 2005 Song Is

Mr. Brightside by The Killers

"It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss"

Let's just say you're happy to be done with 2005!

Wishing you all a Happier and Prosperous New Year!

5 comments:

kat said...

Happy New Year! Naisip ko tuloy Lolo ko. Feeling ko hindi cya ganun kasaya nung Christmas kasi wala na Lola ko. Especially since anniversary nila today. :( Hay. I'm sure your mom would like you to be happy. Normal naman na ma miss natin sila pag wala na di ba? *hug*

Hopefully, in 2006, we get to meet. God bless to you and your family!

tintin said...

thanks for swinging by ;)

wish you success for the coming year and the years to come, cheers!

happy new year!

russ.â„¢ said...

hi jennie!Ü trials come, but you know they're there to make us stonger, better individuals. keep it strong sweetie. may 2006 be a better year for all of us..

missP said...

happy new year, jennie dear!!!

been out of circulation during the holidays kaya ngayon lang ang greetings ko...

hope 2006 will bring more joys and success to us all!

Jennie said...

Happy New Year, ladies! Hopefully, this year will be a better year for all of us. :)

God bless!