Christmas thoughts?

Monday, November 21, 2005

Christmas is definitely in the air.

Four days straight na akong nagigising ng nakatalukbong at nakabaluktot, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to turn the fan off coz I was having chills. The other day it was 18 degrees celsius at around 4 am. 18 degrees isn't cold for the people living in the northern hemisphere, but it is cold for people used to 34-40 degrees celsius days.

The colder days may indicate that Christmas is near, but I'm honestly not in a Christmassy kind of mood yet. I've actually been dreading Christmas coz this is the first year that we're celebrating it without mom. It's her ultimate favorite time of the year, not only because it's the symbolic birthday of our Savior, but it's also my brother's birthday.

Our Christmas reunion here at home will definitely push through. I know mom wouldn't like it if we don't continue it because she's gone. My aunts and I have also talked about it, and although it will be great to see the family once again, there's definitely going to be a void coz mom isn't here. October pa lang nagpaplano na si mommy kung ano ang gagawin namin sa Pasko. Ngayon malapit na ang December, hindi ko pa din alam kung ano ang iluluto ko. Yung mga luto ni mommy, yon ang ilan lang sa namimiss ko.

But even if I'm sad this season, I know it won't be depressing. Mom may not be with us physically, but she'll always be with us in our hearts and in spirit.

Tama na nga... ayoko na ng sad post.

0 comments: