on balikbayans and water cannons

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I missed blogging.

A lot.

And that's an understatement.

It's ironic that I come up with possible blog entries in my head when I'm about to go to sleep. :p Ideas and most often, entire paragraphs, are composed in my head, when I am half-asleep. The sad part about it is, I don't remember much when I wake up. Hahaha! I just know that I thought of something before I went to sleep. Kawawa naman.

I haven't been able to blog lately because Lola Fracing (mom's aunt) arrived from the US and stayed with us. Technically, she's been in the country for 3 weeks, but the first two weeks of her stay was spent in Aklan, to attend the wake of her brother-in-law.

The past few days, I've been waking up at 5 am, so I can accompany Lola to the 6 am mass. Ok lang, hindi pa naman ako natutunaw. Hehehe! Pakiramdam ko, nabawasan din ako ng timbang, kasi nung unang araw, nilakad namin mula simbahan hanggang bahay. Form of exercise daw, sabi ni Lola. :P

I was Lola's constant companion during her stay with us. On the first day, we had a mini-reunion at our ancestral house in Manila. I felt a twinge of sadness when we got there coz mom's sisters were complete. She was the only one not there. But, it was great to see my aunts and some of my cousins again. The last time I saw most of them was during mom's funeral almost 5 months ago.

Lola's flight back home was scheduled for 12 pm today, but she had to be at the airport at least 3 hours before her flight, so we left the house at 8:30 am. Miss ko na agad si Lola. She reminds me of mom kasi. They were really close, and I can see mom in her. Ay, tama na nga, emote-mode na naman. Pero ok lang yun, Lola said she'll be back this December for one of our uncle's wedding in Aklan. Boracay, here I come! :D

------------------------
Hay... what is happening to our country? Are we going back to Martial Rule? I'd hate to think so, but last night's water bombardment of prayer rallyists, which included former Vice President Tito Guingona 3 bishops, priests and nuns, was a scary indication for me. It was overkill, the way the police bombarded highly pressurized water to the the prayer rallyists who wanted to cross the Mendiola bridge, to get to the next site of their prayer rally. The rallyists may not have permits (sus, do they really need permits to cross a bridge?!), but I believe a dialogue between the police and the rallyists would have been a better, if not, safer option. Grabeh. Even now the police are pointing fingers, as to who gave the orders. Any excuse they say will not, in my opinion, justify what they did.

0 comments: