Hectic Saturday

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hay, I obviously haven't finished tweaking my new blog template yet, and I am getting frustrated. It looks fine on Mozilla Firefox, but it's not on Internet Explorer. I'm still trying to fix it, but I can't figure it out. I need more patience. :)

------------
Last Saturday was a hectic day for me. I was out of the house most of the day, and I just came home to take a quick shower, change clothes and go out again. I missed doing that, coz it's been a while. :)

My dad, Lola (dad's mom) and I went to San Jose, Batangas, last Saturday morning. Dad's sister, Tita Charit, invited us to her mother-in-law's 85th birthday celebration. It only took us an hour and a half to get there, thanks to the Startoll. There were a handful of vehicles traversing the Startoll with us, and it was wonderful to travel at 130 kph!

I had a feeling that there were going to be a lot of people at the celebration, but I still wasn’t prepared to see just how many. As in, ang dami talaga! Tita Charit said even the people from the next barangay attended the party, along with the local politicians. Gah! At some point, I felt suffocated coz of the number of people there. Thanks to my Tita Belen, who arrived earlier, we were able to find seats (and I held on to it, until it was time for us to go home. :P

It felt kinda weird going to a party where everyone knows everyone else and I only know less than ten people (all relatives, at that). When we first got there, I had a bout of paranoia, coz I had a feeling that everyone was looking at me, wondering who the heck I am and what I am doing there. It didn’t help that the birthday celebrator asked who I was when I greeted her. Hehehe, feeling OP (out of place) talaga!

There were lots of food, I felt full just looking at the huge buffet table. Haha!

We left around 2:45 pm, so I’d have ample time to get ready for dinner with friends. In less than an hour, we were in Alabang, but the two lanes approaching the Sucat Interchange were slow-moving, and there was a vehicular accident along Sucat (Dr. A. Santos Ave.), that we arrived at the house at 5:30pm.

I was able to get ready in less than an hour and was just in time to go to my friend’s house in BF. We were on the way to Makati City, by 7:00pm and got there after 15 minutes because there was no traffic along the South Superhighway. Whoo! That was fast. :)

A few minutes after we arrived at the restaurant, our friends arrived and the non-stop conversations started. It was great! :) I missed going out with my friends and the night was made even more special because one of our friends, whom we hadn’t seen in years, was there with her husband.

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time. We picked up where we left off and it didn’t matter that we rarely saw each other, what mattered was the foundation our friendship was built on, and how our bond just kept getting stronger over the years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your template...i really do!

wow, you had a busy weekend pala...and traffic-free to boot! naks!

haven't really had the chance to go out with friends in ages...i don't even remember what it feels anymore...lol.

oh well, at least i get to chat with DT and talk to DK from numb3rs on forums. hehehe....

clare

Jennie said...

thanks, clare! kaya lang na-o=OC ako, kailangan maayos ko yung template, para sa IE. di ako mapakali hanggang hindi naaayos. :p

yup, saya ng weekend, haven't been out much kaya mas nag-enjoy ako. plus, the company was great. :) text me when you're in the city, para magkita tayo :)

oo nga! DT & DK ah, sosy. heehee! :P