seeing the world in a new light

Saturday, September 24, 2005

My emote mode last Thursday didn't last the whole day. Around 5:30 pm, a package arrived for me at home. Yes! Finally, my Friends 'Til the End: The One with All Ten Years book arrived. It was a gift from my friend in the US, but I didn't get to see her when she was in the country, so she asked another friend to send it to me. And on Thursday it arrived. Woohoo! Thanks, MY for the book and thanks Janis for sending it to me. :)

I had this big grin on my face as I was perusing the book. It was great! I absolutely loved it. It was wonderful to look at the pictures and see how they've changed throughout the years, and it was even better to get a behind-the-scenes look and read the thoughts of the stars and producers of the show.

The book is perfect for Friends fanatics like me.

Friends started when I was 17 and I've never missed a single episode. I've probably watched each episode at least 4 times, thanks to syndication. :p Next plan is to get dvds of all 10 years. Ayayay! Madami-dami yun.

--------------------
My sister and I went to Megamall yesterday to check out the Philippine Star - Jobstreet Job Fair at the Megatrade Hall. It's good that this event was conceptualized, coz it's very helpful for job seekers - newly graduates and those who feel they need a change in work environment. There were at least 20 big companies that participated and lots of job opportunities.

IT courses and call center opportunites are very in demand, judging from the companies that were there and the peolple they were looking for.

The jobfair was very helpful, in fact, I already have a schedule for interview next week. Not bad for an hour's stay at the Megatrade Hall.

--------------------
BIG NEWS (for me :p): I finally got contacts. Yey! For the first time since I was in the 6th grade (Gawd! That's a looooong time.), I can see the world clearly without eyeglasses. :D

I was on my way to Bodyshop to buy a gift for someone, when a girl appraoched me about getting a free disposable contacts trial. I was intrigued and so I went to the optical shop to try it out, after I got what I needed at Bodyshop.

It was freaky at first, while I was trying to put the lens on my eye, but after about 15 minutes, I got it. Hehehe. The optometrist told me to try it on for at least 30 minutes and come back if I liked it. They held on to my eyeglasses (pang-hostage :p), while my sister and I went around the mall.

A minute after putting the lens in my eye, I couldn't feel it anymore. Wow. It felt great to walk around without glasses and see the world clearly. :D

After 30 minutes, we went back to the optical shop and I decided to get contacts. I got 2 pairs of Acuvue Soft Lens Contacts plus cleaning solution for P300, and I got to keep the pair I used during the trial period. Not bad. :) I could use each pair for at least 30 days, so I have a 3-month supply. Yey!

The tricky part is putting the lenses and taking it out, but in a few days I'll be so used to it, I could do it faster. It took me 10 minutes to put it in this morning. Hehe. But it's great. I love seeing the world without my eyeglasses. :)

------------------
I just found out it was
chocolate day yesterday. :D How cool is that?

5 comments:

Vikkicar said...

Hi. Yes, I have that book too. Very nostalgic. I miss FRIENDS. Was very bummed when I didn't find the official FRIENDS calendar for this year. Anyhoo, you might be interested in this: The One With All The Trivia and The One With All Ten Seasons, if you don't know it yet. Have a fine day. Ingat and God Bless.

Tin said...

I'm a big fan of Friends, too. I'd love to collect all their seasons' DVD. Mahal pa e and wala pa yung final season. Hehe.

Jennie said...

Hi Vee :) I so love that book, and thanks to syndication, I get to watch friends every night at StarWorld :p Thanks for the head's up about the PS2 game and the dvd release of all 10 seasons. hay... ipon-ipon na! :)

Hello tin: oo nga mahal pa. ehehe.. hanap na lang tayo sa quiapo :P final season will be released on nov. 15

Clare said...

picture ng walang glasses!!!

lilipat ka ng work?

Jennie said...

Hehehe.. wag muna, baka masira digicam :p

i'm looking for better opportunities :)