on crepes and sesame street

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I've been craving for peach crepes since Thursday, because I watched a cooking show at BBCFood, and I remembered the peach-mango crepes my friend Eloi and I used to have at Aristocrat DLSU. I texted my best friend, Maita, if she knew a place where I could buy crepes and she texted back with an easy crepe recipe. That's why when I did the groceries yesterday, I bought Maya Kitchen Fluffy Hotcake mix (coz there's an instruction at the box on how to make crepes), canned peaches, all-purpose cream and Hershey's chocolate syrup. Yummy... I have to eat peach crepes before the weekend ends or I'll drive myself batty!

-----------------
I was flipping channels this morning and when I reached the Hallmark channel, Sesame Street was on air. Hehehe... yep, I watched it and I kept laughing because I was singing along to all of the songs they sang on that particular episode. It's a relatively new episode coz Maria & Luis were older, but it was the Sesame Street that I grew up with.

Big Bird and Elmo sang "Sing" (sing.. sing a song, make it simple to last your whole life long...), Bob sang "People In Your Neighborhood" (Who are the people in your neighborhood? in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood...), and Ernie sang "Rubber Duckie", lyrics below, which I found at the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive.

Rubber Duckie
sung by Ernie (Jim Henson)
Written by Jeffrey Moss


Rubber Duckie, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you;
(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Duckie, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Duckie, you're my very best friend, it's true!
(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

CHORUS:
Every day when I
Make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby
(rub-a-dub-a-dubby!)

Rubber Duckie, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you.

(repeat chorus)

Rubber Duckie, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of -
Rubber duckie, I'd like a whole pond of -
Rubber duckie I'm awfully fond of you!
(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

When I was a kid, I had a Bert & Ernie radio. I loved that radio, even if it was kinda hard to get a clear signal. Hehehe... Can you tell how much I love Sesame Street? I'm pretty sure it's still here in the house somewhere.

Sunny Day, sweeping the clouds away
On my way, to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Sesame Street?

9 comments:

Vikkicar said...

Hi. I love mango crepes. Have a fine weekend. God Bless.

Tin said...

hmm, you just gave me a good idea for dessert. can't wait to try this at home!

take care, jenn!

missP said...

hmmm, yummy-yum-yum! sira ang diet ko dito sa peach mango crepe tip mo, hehehe!

love sesame street, too. wish i could watch it again in English. i heard they have a German version of the children's show, but never saw it.okay na rin siguro, sabi kasi ng iba, di daw maganda.

have a good week ahead, Jen! ;)

raissa said...

Hey I remember those crepes sa DLSU but I always get the mango one with cream and chocolate swirls all over it. =) I have a copy of a simple crepe recipe which we used when we made some strawberry-banana crepes. YUMMY! parang gusto na tuloy either bumili or gumawa over the weekend. LOL

Jennie said...

hi VEE. sarap ng crepes no? i hope you had a good weekend, too. :)

hello TIN! were you able to make crepes din? :p have a good week!

hahahaa! missP, sirang-sira talaga ang diet sa crepes :p ang bigat sa tummy.

ang saya ng sesame street. lol! lumabas na naman yung pagka-isip bata ko. curious ako how sesames street is in german :D have a fabulous week, missP!

hallo, raissa :) sobrang namiss ko yung crepes sa Aristo. hay. kaysarap. hihihi!

Clare said...

ako rin i miss the aristo crepes...there are crepes sa french baker pero it's just not the same...

Jennie said...

ay totoo yan, my friend. there's just something about the aristo crepes. :) sarap!

Dr. Emer said...

Hoooray for Ernie and Rubber Ducky. Very nostalgic ang post mo. Thanks! :)

Di ko pa natikman ang crepe ng Aristocrat. Hamo. I-es-schedule ko yan.

Jennie said...

hello, dr. emer! salamat sa pagbisita :) Hoooray! Sesame Street baby ka din pala! :D

sarap ng aristo crepes, highly recommended