weekend musings

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Don't you just hate it when someone spoils something for you? Well, it happened early this week for me.

Like most people on the planet, I was so excited to read Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. And then the spoiler hit, so I knew what would happen even before I read the book. Grrr!

Yep, at my age, I'm still into Harry Potter. Hehehe.

I got a Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince ebook from a friend. Yay! :) I'm half-way done and I can't wait to finish it (even if I already know what will happen). The sixth installment of the book is starting to replace The Prisoner of Azkaban as my favorite Harry Potter book. I hope to finish reading HP6 this weekend, but it seems unlikely coz I have to turn the pc on to read it. Unlike if I have the book, I would probably be finished by now. No complaints, though. :)

------------------
I find myself enjoying the new Mark Burnett show, Rockstar:INXS. Not because I like INXS. I think INXS = Michael Hutchence, so when he died, INXS ceased to exist for me. Yeah, bad, I know. But it was Michael Hutchence who put INXS on the music map.

I like the show because, for once, I get to hear great rock songs performed each week and not cheesy love songs or country music. Reason number 2 is finalist Fil-Aussie Mig Ayesa, a cousin of Manuel Legarda, of Wolfgang fame, and nephew of top women's rights lawyer, Atty. Katrina Legarda. He's a really good performer. Shempre, Pinoy eh. :) You can vote for Mig after every live show (Starworld on Wednesdays at 8:30 am), via text (Globe or Smart, forgot the numbers though, but it's on Ricky Lo's Philippine Star column today), or by going to startv.com.

I also like Jordis, the youngest at 22. Her performance of Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box last week, blew me away. Ty, the African-American rocker is also great. I liked his rendition of The Killers' Somebody Told Me. Then there's Marty, who looked like Tom Petty the first time I saw him, but he's a great performer. JD is cute and talented but he's way too cocky for my taste.

------------------
Two of my favorite shows will have it's seson ender soon. CSI will have it's season ender this Wednesday. It's doubly special because it's directed by Quentin Tarantino, from his own story. I'm not so sure though if he wrote the script.

LOST is only about 3 episodes away from the season's end. I just love that show! I hope AXN shows the second season agad, coz I can't wait another 3 months for it to start. :p

Alias is back on Studio 23. It seems boring this time. I hope the next episodes would be better. It also seems awkward coz I can feel the tension between Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan. I'm not sure if it's in the storyline, or if it's because when they were shooting this was the time they broke up. Hmmm... Chismosa no? :P

I'm getting tired of watching The OC. Mischa Barton acts so wooden and her character is so whiney. Rachel Bilson's character Summer, however, is starting to grow on me. Although if not for Benjamin McKenzie, I don't think I'd watch the show anymore. :p

No compliants about One Tree Hill. I look forwrad to watching it every week :)

Hehehe.. lumabas na naman ang pagka-couch patatas ko.

------------------
As I write this, I'm listening to CNN on the background and they're reporting another wave of suicide bomb attacks, this time at the vicinity of an Egyptian resort. So far 50 people are dead and hundreds are injured. Tsk.. tsk.. What is the world coming to? It seems like everyday there are bombings, ambushes, and other terrorist attacks around the world. Middle of the week, exactly 2 weeks to the day of the London bombings, another wave of incidents happened in the London underground system. It was a good thing only a few people were hurt.

I still can't understand why people do this kind of thing. It's really senseless. Why don't they just blow themselves up and leave the innocent people alone?! Mangdadamay pa sila eh. Kaines!

------------------
The President will deliver her State of the Nation Address on Monday at the Batasang Pambansa. I wonder what her gimmick this year will be? Remember her "bangkang papel" speech with the 3 boys from Payatas?" Sus! That was absurd. Talagang ginamit pa yung mga mahihirap, wala din naman shang nagawa para mapabuti yung kalagayan nila. Hay.. I'm really getting disillusioned with PGMA.

On a lighter note, because of the SONA, Monday was declared a Special Non-working Holiday. Yey!

Happy long weekend!

0 comments: