on malling, squid balls and birthdays

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Last Sunday, my family and I went to the mall together for the first time, since mom passed away. We went there after we visited mom's resting place, coz my brother had to have his eyeglasses fixed, and we decided to have lunch there, as well.

Back story:
My brother's eyeglasses broke last week and he was having a hard time without it. He's going to kill me if he knows I wrote this, but it's just too funny to pass up. Hehehe! Last Friday, I was kinda worried that it was already almost 10 and he still wasn't home. His M-W-F classes end at 7:30, and he's usually home by 8:30pm. He texts me whenever he'd be late, but last Friday he didn't. He arrived around 10, looking exhausted.

Brother: "Umabot ako ng Imus."
Jennie: "Whaa--?" Bakit ka umabot ng Imus?"
Brother: "Kasi hindi ko nakita yung sign, akala ko pa-Sucat yung nasakyan ko."

Awwww.. wawa naman.
I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him. Heehee! The funny thing was, when he paid the fare, he told the driver where he was going, and the driver didn't even tell him that he was on the wrong jeep. The driver even gave him the right change! Ano ba yun?

And that was why we went to the mall last Sunday. :)

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but of course I still missed mom. I'm sure my dad and my siblings did, as well. I was just the only one vocal about it. We had my brother's eyeglasses fixed then had lunch at Pancake House. While my sister and I did some groceries, dad and my brother had coffee at Le Coeur, which was what mom and dad used to do when my siblings and I were going around the mall. Hay... it's the little things that remind me of mom that makes me miss her even more.

It's weird though, coz when I'm at home in the living room, kitchen or dining room, it feels like mom's just quietly staying in their room. Maybe it's because a month before she passed away, mom mostly stayed there, and I got used to it. But when it's time for me to go to my room, and I pass by their room, I take a peek and she's not there, that's when I feel her loss.

Ang bilis lang. Tomorrow, it'll be 2 months since mom passed away. I don't cry everyday anymore, although the pain is still there. My friend says, it never really goes away, we just find a way to deal with it better. :) I guess she's right.

--------------------
Bakit ang mga Pinoy, laging nagkakahiyaan sa pagkain? Napansin ko kasi na ang mga Pinoy, pag konti na lang yung pagkain, nagtuturuan pa kung sino ang uubos nun, okung sino yung kukuha ng kahuli-hulihang parte. Nakakatawa. :p Kagabi ko pa iniisip yung sagot dun, mula ng tignan ko yung nakatakip na plato sa mesa namin, at nakita ko na may nag-iisang squid ball na lang yung nandun. Hahaha! Tawa kami ng tawa ng sister ko. Parang nakaka-awa yung squid ball kasi ang laki ng pinggan, tapos nag-iisa na lang sha, di pa kinain. It's like no one likes to get the last piece or everyone waits for everyone else to say, "Nah, I'm full, you get it." Then, someone would say, "Sige na nga, kung ayaw nyo, akin na lang." :p

----------------------
AXN aired CSI's 2 hour finale last night. It was the most morbid CSI episode I've ever seen and I loved it. Haha! Ang galeng! It was clearly a Quentin Tarantino masterpeice, from start to finish. Gearge Eads should have been nominated for this episode.

Nothing really beats the original. Sana yung forensics dito ganun din, kaso walang Gil Grissom dito eh.

----------------------
I almost forgot. It's my maternal grandmother's birthday today. If she was still alive, she would have been 93. She passed away 14 years ago, on mom's birthday. I guess she's happy celebrating her birthday with Mom and Lolo up in heaven. :) Happy birthday, Lola Enciang!

0 comments: