ha? bday ko ba? :p

Thursday, April 14, 2005

In just a few hours I will turn another year older. Frankly, I'm having mixed emotions (naks, ang drama! :p). I'm happy that I'm celebrating another birthday, but at the same time there's a hint of sadness.

Definitely, I am very grateful that I've reached another birthday, I'm in good health and I am relatively happy. I am also melancholic about getting older. Not because I'm in my late twenties (though I still don't feel like I am, and some say I don't look my age. Hehe), but because there are still so much I want to accomplish that I haven't even started yet.

I have had this idea of what I'll hopefully be by the time I reach a certain age, and yet, I am no where near it. Maybe I'm setting the bar up to high, that's why I am somewhat disappointed. Ack! sounds like a classic case of quarter life crisis to me. :)

The thing I hate most about turning a year older is the undying question: "When are you getting married?" Ugh! There's this underlying notion that goes with it - that I'm lonely - which I am definitely NOT. It just irks me when some people automatically assume that since I am single, I'm desperate to get married and that I am lonely. Can't I be single, fabulous and love it?

When people ask me that, I say that I haven't met the right one yet and smile. But I'm really seething inside. Deep inside I really want to say, "It's none of your business and please erase that darned pity in your eyes, because you don't need to pity me. I'll get married when the right time and the right person comes along. I am fine and I am enjoying my singlehood." Hehehe.. taray ba? Kainis lang talaga minsan when they assume that I'm lonely because I'm single. Sure I believe in marriage and I want to get married someday. But I do not subscribe to the thought that marriage is the be all and end all of life.

Ay, tama na nga yan. :p I should be happy that God has blessed me with another year. And I should enjoy myself and be thankful for the blessings I've received. :)

-----------------
I was in my room the other day and I found myself thinking about some of my quirks. Here are aome of my quirks I came up with:

1. I don't like milk. The last time I remember drinking milk was when I was six. Now when I try to drink it, I can't. Maamoy ko lang, ayaw ko na. But I like polvoron, mais con yelo, saba con yelo, halo-halo, etc. Hindi ko kayang inumin kung gatas lang, kailangan may kasama. Hahaha! Ang labo.

2. I eat Milo. I seldom drink it. As in, pinapapak ko ang Milo. I've done it since I was a kid, until now I do it.

3. I put mayonaisse on anything. I use it as dip. Even before the Lady's Choice mayonaisse commercial came out, I was already doing it. Is it any wonder why I'm chubby? Bwahahahahaha!

4. I like watching horror movies/telling ghost stories, but I'm one of the world's biggest cowards. I'm a scaredy-cat. And because I have a very active imagination, I sometimes find it hard to fall asleep after watching a horror movie or hearing a ghost story.

5. I'm afraid of the dark. The hairs at the back of my neck stand up when I'm alone in the dark. I don't know if it's because I'm a coward or because I'm sensitive to certain "beings". Sometimes I'm the only one left awake, when I use the PC late at night. When it's time for me to sleep and I turn off the lights, I run as fast as I could to my room, because I feel iffy. Like someone was watching me. But as soon as I reach my room and I close the doors, the feeling disappears.

6. When I sleep, I keep the blinds and the curtains in my room shut. Why? Coz I don't like to look out the window and find someone looking back at me. Bwahahaha! Duwag talaga.

7. I can't sleep unless I'm on my tummy. I toss and turn if I sleep sideways or on my back. But when I sleep on my tummy, I'm asleep in 5 minutes or less.

8. I like to finish a book the same day I start to read it. I don't go to sleep unless I've finished that book, that's why I must start reading it on a weekend. I'm a fast reader and I've finished thick novels in a hour (if I really like the book). If it takes me a long time to finish a book, it means I dont like it as much.

9. My room is starting to look like a library. I don't like giving away my books, even if i've read it lots of times. I only lend my books to people I trust, because I value my book collection.

10. If the mood strikes me, I'll cut my own hair. And miraculously, I haven't had a disaster. I just let my sister check if the back looks okay. Sometimes, I cut my sister's hair if she asks me. I've heard no complaints yet. (Chie, meron ba? :p)

I guess that'll do it for now. I'll post again if I think of more quirks. :p

6 comments:

Clare said...

interesting trivia about you mare ha....

pareho tayo on #8...hehehe

advance happy bday!

i.ph said...

Great site videokequeen! Listen, I would like to invite you to the www.i.ph BLog Party that will be held on April 22 Friday at Allegro at
6 pm. You can tag along 5 friends if you want. For more details, you can email me at jpaclan@domains.ph or visit my personal blog address: www.johnpaulaclan.i.ph

Thanks and God Bless

All the best,

JP

dennah said...

happy birthday, jennie bebe!!!

so how does it feel to be a debutante? nyahahah!!! enjoy your day, jen!!!

Jennie said...

hello diwata, mah friend! i won't write your real name na ah, someone might be lurking. hehehehe!

thanks for the greeting :)

hi JP. :) Thanks for the visit and the invite. I don't think I can make it, but thanks just the same :)

Ahahahaha! Dins, thanks, it feels fabulous! Mwehehe, favorite word ko yan ngayon :p

chie said...

wala akong complaint. hehe delayed naman tong comment ko. pag may kilala ako na pupunta sa quiapo papabili na ko sa hortaleza ng scissors na pangparlor talaga. para hindi na natin gagamiting yung trimmer ni daddy. nyeknyeknyek.

Jennie said...

chie, buti naman at walang complaint, kungdi, pag tulog ka, gugupitan kita. *insert evil laugh* joke lang! :P

tama, pabili ka na ng scissors, para hindi na hanapin ni daddy yung trimmer nya. :p pati clips pabili ka. (mamaya nyan, may parlor na tayo - woohahaha!)