my high school crush

Friday, March 04, 2005

Five days of being bed-ridden sucks. So I hauled myself out of bed and went online :D

I was chatting with Clare earlier about someone we had a crush on in high school, who's now a celebrity. I remember eyeing him everytime he went to our school to visit his girlfriend, who was a batchmate of ours. Malabo mata ko, pero lumilinaw pag alam ko na nandun yung crush ko. bwahahahaha! Our highschool tambayan was at the Pergola, Gate 1, so I'd see him everytime he's there. :p

I had a crush on him until we were in College. We attended the same university and he was part of the varsity soccer team. He wasn't very tall, but he had the most amazing gray eyes. (nyahaha! I'm gushing) I'd see him every morning before classes because he had soccer practice, our tambayan was near the field and I was always early (but not because I wanted to see him, I was just never late ;p) We were classmates in a couple of subjects, but our conversations never went beyond the "Hi. Hello. What's our assignment?" type.

Then my sister mentioned that he was her friend's busmate in grade school. And I naturally asked how he was back then. My bubble burst when she said, "Hehehe... uhugin daw sha noon" Nyahaha! My high school crush was an ugly duckling. But his eyes are still to-die-for. :)

He transferred to the college across the street in my junior year and I only saw him occasionally after that. The next thing I knew, he was doing commercials again and was starting a movie and tv career. Now I see him on tv and I'd remember when I had the biggest crush on him, then I'd smile when I recall that he was "uhugin" in grade school.

Chie, Clare, no names ha? Baka masira career nya pag nalaman ng tao na uhugin sha noon. Mwahaha! j/k

15 comments:

cnbgirl said...

I think I know who you're talking about. Greenie rin ako and he's the only football player I know (nung panahon ko) who is now a celebrity. Kapamilya ba? :) Malapit din tamabyan namin sa field. ;)

raissa said...

I think I know him too! Kung kapamilya and nasa isang movie that was shown last December then yup I know him. LOL His eyes are indeed to die for. I crossed paths with him sa South Gate one time and you can just get lost in those. LOL

Joey said...

Hahaha. Well, isn't it always like that? A lot of my friends have gone showbiz already, which is still unbelievable since most hardly seemed the showbiz-type growing up. I guess with all the crap they got in the past, that's what makes them "hone" their "craft." *LOL*

Jennie said...

cnb, hahaha! yup, that's him! sha lang naman nung kapanahunan natin ang naging tv & movie star. LOL. the taller football players became models di ba? :D

raissa, yup, kapamilya and one of his movies came out last december :D ganda talaga ng eyes nya. haay..

hi joeyI hahaha! so true. i have several batchmates who became celebrities and everytime i see them, i remember how there were when they weren't celebs yet.

bullish1974 said...

hmmm...la sallian chicks here, huh. animo la salle! woot!

Jennie said...

bullish: LOL! animo la salle! woot, woot! :p

Jajey said...

sino yung guy?
tsika yan ha!
musta na jennie!

raissa said...

Ang ganda nga ng mata! Pinapanood ng mga relatives ko yung movie na yan ngayon! LOL! Sayang lang kasi he was a model ata in one of theprojects my cousin's org organized but I was out of La Salle na that time! =( Shock ako to see him on tv and movies! LOL

Jennie said...

hi jajey! hehehe... i-email ko sa iyo kung sino :p

raissa, LOL ako din na-shock nung mag-artista sha. did you know that he also has a rock band? my cousin saw them perform last year, he's the vocalist. o diba? well rounded. LOL!

raissa said...

Jennie - aba well-rounded nga! I watched yung film kung saan nandun siya last weekend. Gumagaling na ah! I really thought na he was all face value (which I didnt mind) then but when he went into showbiz and I read articles about him wow ang galing pala. I watched "I will Survive" and tama ba na sigaw ako gn sigaw pag siya ang nasa screen! LOL

Jennie said...

hehehe... i haven't seen any of his movies, but i do see him from time to time on tv. may improvement naman, haha, kulang lang sa emote minsan. di bale na, pamatay pa din mata nya LOL! napapasigaw ka? ayus! :p

chie said...

uhugin at gusgusin sha promise. pag uwian na raw, tanggal na polo niya at nakasando na lang. tapos yung sando niya ang gray na sa dumi. tapos pawis-pawis nakaplaster na sa ulo nya yung buhok nya. tapos ayun uhugin daw talaga. literal na uhugin ha. eeew. hahahaha. TAO SIYA! TAONG TAO!

Jennie said...

bwahahahahaha! kapatid, grabeng descriptions. dapat talagang hindi pangalanan, masisira ang career nya. =)) pero oki lang yun, bata pa naman sha nun. tama ka, TAONG TAO sha. :p

Clare said...

just have to say....mwahahahahaa!!!!

Jennie said...

ahaha! nabuhay si diwata. haller! LOL