Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The wait is over. I got the test results at Makati Med this afternoon. Unfortunately, it wasn't the result I was hoping for. We'll know more when we see mom's doctor later this week.

Now, more than ever, we need your prayers.

It hasn't really sunk in yet, maybe tomorrow I'll feel the full brunt of it. I am optimistic, though, that we'll get through it. We've done it before, we can do it again.

I sent my sister an SMS to inform her, as well as my friends Maita, Mylin and Clare. And I'm very grateful for the comforting words of my friends.

I mustered all my strength so I wouldn't cry when mom called me on my cellphone, to ask if I already got it. I took a deep, calming breath before I answered her call. And then I told her. Her voice didn't break, and she calmly asked me to read it to her, and I did. I could feel my chest tightening so I told her I was already on the way to her office.

While waiting for her at the parking lot, I broke down. I thought it would be better for me to let it all out before I see her. At least by the time she gets to the car, I'm more composed. As much as possible, I don't let mom see me cry, coz I know she gets affected by it.

We held hands from the moment she got in the car, all the way to Museo to pick up my sister. Near the Malate Church i laid my head on her shoulder and the tears began to fall again. I couldn't help it. Mom told me not to cry, that all will be better because God will always be there for us. Di Niya kami pababayaan.

That's how strong my mom is. Sha pa ang nag-comfort sa akin.

Please include my mom in your prayers.

Again, my heartfelt thanks,

0 comments: