music mode

Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy heart's day, everyone!

--------------------

"This is the best Grammys we've ever seen, I've ever seen." - Bono, U2
And he was right. It was the best Grammy Awards, I've seen. From the opening number to the end of the show, I enjoyed watching it. There were some awards whom I thought should have been given to someone else, Kanye West was so arrogant, I disliked him, plus J. Lo's performance with her hubby Marc Anthony was, for lack of a better word, "eeeeew!". Super cheesy! as in, ang badui! But, other than the above-mentioned, the 47th Grammy Awards was a great show.

I loved the opening number with The Black eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani & Eve, Maroon 5 and Franz Ferdinand. I also loved the performances of Green Day (woohoo!!), U2 (another woohoo!!), Alicia Keys with Jamie Foxx & Quincy Jones, Joss Stone and Melissa Etheridge & John Mayer. Various artists (Bono, Stevie Wonder, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Norah Jones, Billy Joe of Green Day, Alicia Keys, Brian Wilson, Alison Krauss, Tim McGraw, accompanied by Velvet Revolver) also performed "Across the Universe" by the Beatles, in efforts to raise funds for the Tsunami victims. It was the least boring Grammy Awards in history. hehe!

----------------
I got this from Rianne's blog (i hope you don't mind, Ri), because I'm on music mode:

Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play!
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play!
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from!
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly!


1. I'm tired of playing games/ Of looking for someone else to blame/
For all the holes in answers that are clearly showing
Same Direction - Hoobastank

2. If I could take over this world that we're in/ I wanna reach out to every human being A Love to Share - Rivermaya

3. I haven't felt the way I feel today/ Been so long it's hard for me to specify Nice To Know You - Incubus

4. Somewhere far beyond today/ I will find a way to find you/ And somehow through the lonely nights/ I will leave a light in the dark/ Let it lead you to my heart Somewhere, Somehow - Michael W. Smith with Amy Grant

5. 'Di mo napapansin/ Kailangan mo akong dinggin/ 'Di habang buhay ika'y aantayin Suntok sa Buwan - Session Road

6. This chirping lullaby/ Brings my little dreams to life/ In my sanctuary I become a child

7. Here in the light/ It burns you up inside/ Here in the shell of a sun/ We echo on You Say - Vertical Horizon

8. I'm 15 years for a moment/ Caught in between 10 and 20/ And I'm just dreaming/ Counting the ways to where you are 100 Years - Five for Fignting

9. Today is gonna be the day/ That they're gonna throw it back to you/ By now you should've somehow/ Realized what you gotta do Wonderwall - Oasis

10. You're falling back to me/ The star that I can see, yeah/ I know you're out there/ Somewhere out there Somewhere Out There - Our Lady Peace

11. Your eyes burn, they burn with passion/ And you hypnotize me

12. But I'm in so deep/ You know I'm such a fool for you/ You've got me wrapped around your finger Linger - Cranberries

13. I was in love with you when we were younger, you were mine My Boo - Usher feat. Alicia Keys

14. It seems no one can help me now/ I'm in too deep/ There's no way out/ This time I have really led myself astray Runaway Train - Soul Asylum

15. now we're stronger than before/ we've made it through/ now i've never felt more sure/ because of you Till They Take My Heart Away - Clair Marlo

16. I close my eyes and make a wish/ Turn out the lights and take a breath/ Pray that when the wick is burned/ You would say that it's all about love Five Candles (You Were There) - Jars of Clay

17. Woke up to the sound of pouring rain,/ The wind would whisper and I'd think of you I Remember You - Skid Row

18. She keeps her memories locked away/ But they are always escaping/ Neglect won't make them fade away/ They're reaching into her dreams/ Down in her heart/ Don't need fingers to be tearing it apart Green-tinted Sixties Mind - Mr. Big

19. Naaalala mo pa ba noong tayo pang dalawa?/ Di ko inakalang sisikat ka./ Tinawanan pa kita, tinawag mo akong walanghiya/ Medyo pangit ka pa noon, ngunit ngayon... Magasin - Eraserheads


20. I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time Here Without You - 3 Doors Down

21. so what's daddy done for you lately?/ bought you the throne like stealing candy from a baby/ line your pockets with mucho dinero/ paid in full with the blood of the people Mr. Clay - Bamboo

22. I don't know when I got bitter/ Love is surely better when it's gone You Wanted More - Tonic

23. How ever far away. I will always love you/ How ever long I stay. I will always love you Love Song - The Cure/311

24. Fingers trace your every outline/ Paint a picture with my hands/ Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm/ Change the weather still together when it ends Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

25. Ewan ko, hindi ko alam/ Puwede bang huwag na lang natin pag-usapan? Huwag Mo Nang Itanong - Eraserheads

Can you guess the titles of the songs? :)

0 comments: