an eventful day

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Today's an eventful day. :)

It's Ash Wednesday, the start of the Lenten season. Time for reflection, as well as fasting and/or abstinence. No meat today, peeps ;)

To my Chinese friends: Kung Hei Fat Choi or Gong Xi Fa Cai! Hopefully, the Year of the Rooster would bring good luck to everyone.

It is also the season finale of The Amazing Race 6. It was exciting to the last minute. I won't write down who won, coz some people haven't seen it yet. So, even if I want to blog about it, I don't want to spoil it for anyone. :)

--------------------
Mom also had her CT Scan this morning. We were at Makati Med by 8 am, she was called in by 8:30. The procedure was done by in about 20 minutes, and we proceeded to the Canteen, coz mom hasn't had breakfast yet (she's supposed to fast 4 hours before a CT Scan). We were on the road by 10 am.

We'll get the results in two days and I'm hoping it will be good. I'm ready whatever the result is, coz I think it's better to know, rather than guessing and worrying what it is. Sometimes in my case it's bad to think, coz I tend to think too much. :p

---------------------
I believe that there are signs everywhere and if we're more observant, we'll see it more often. Sometimes it's hard to find but sometimes it's just there. We see it when we need it the most.

On the day I got the results of mom's bone scan, I was so unhappy and I felt really helpless. Before we went home, we went to SM first, to do some grocery shopping. I told mom and my sister that I'll pass by National Bookstore first and I'll just follow them afterwards.

The first book I saw when I got to NBS was, Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul. It's the Chicken Soup book about cancer survivors and enduring hope. I've been looking for that book for months and it's always been out of stock. On the day I felt hopeless, it's on stock and it's the first book I saw. It was like Someone from above was telling me that everything will be all right. If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is. :)

It's a good book and it's exactly what we need right now.

----------------------


Which Sex and the City Player Are You? Find out @ She's Crafty

3 comments:

Jennie said...

just testing if this works :)

undiscussablerealms said...

yes, it is a sign. He always listens and knows you needed comfort.

Jennie said...

thanks, selina :)