happy 2005!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

We'll soon be ushering the new year and I'm still pondering what I've learned this year. hehehe!

For certain, 2004 is a year filled with ups and downs, but I'm glad I'm still here and I've survived. Although for the next year, I really wish all the stuff that bothered & worried me and what I ranted about would all be gone. Year 2004, as you leave, please take all the bad stuff with you!

Life would be so much better if it's next to perfect. I didn't say I'd want life to be perfect, coz if it were, I wouldn't have anything more to look forward to. I'd gladly settle for something a little less than perfect. :)

---------------------
I got this from a friend's email. It's been a while since I've done surveys and this seems appropriate to cap the year off.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
ehrm... I can't remember doing anything I haven't done before. How boring is that?

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've never kept a new year's resolution. Ever. I'm enthusiastic at the start, but the enthusiasm wanes until I find myself not following it anymore. Hehehe...

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle died last July. +RIP

5. What countries did you visit?
None. Stuck in the Philippines, mwehehe...

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
a laptop, a new phone, direction :p

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 15. Shempre, birthday ko yun eh :D and March 12, coz I was spitting distance from Brandon Boyd and Incubus, and I screamed my head off during the concert.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Inner strength

9. What was your biggest failure?
Impatience

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I thought I had endometriosis, turns out I was just stressed and paranoid. :)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Nothing fancy, but a big journal I've been looking for for quite a while. I finally found it at Powerbooks.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think my whole family for being so strong when mom was undergoing chemo.

13. Whose behaviour appalled you and made you depressed?
ehh... I'd rather not divulge who they are. Kung kamag-anak kita, alam mo na kung sino. Bwahahah!

14. Where did most of your money go?
books and bills

15 What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas and the reunion, the unexpected text from friend A and he said he's back in the country. Uyyyy... nyahaha!

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
My Boo by Alicia Keys & Usher and Wag na Wag Mong Sasabihin by Kitchie Nadal, coz it's all over the airwaves :P

17. Compared to last year, are you?
i. happier or more sad? more sad
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same - eh, di naman nagbabago :p
iii. richer or poorer? ehehe.. poorer yata

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen more of my HS barkada, coz sadly, I've seen them (all at the same time) only once this year and I had to pass on two dinners - last night and tonight, but I know they understand why :)

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Crying and ranting.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We had our family reunion here at home.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Nope, but hopefully I'm getting there. Mwehehe...

23. How many one-night stands?
Ngek! Wala, noh. good girl ako :D

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Sex and the City and Friends (which both ended, huhuhu!)

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No one. Hated the same people I hated last year. Bwahahahaha!

26. What was the best book you read?
Of all the books I read this year (and it was quite a lot), I think Angels and Demons was the best.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
switchfoot and maroon 5

28. What did you want and get?
inner strength. Material? I've yet to get the one thing I really want.

29. What did you want and not get?
a powerbook (haay.. aasa pa ako :p)

30. Favorite film of this year?
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will be my favorite - Meet the Fockers.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent my birthday swimming with my family (immediate and extended). Annual family outing and birthday blow-out of March & April birthday celebrators. How old? Ack! wag na!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Good health for the family

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
what fashion concept? Haha! I wear whatever I feel comfortable wearing. Yep, even my "killer shoes".

34. What kept you sane?
prayers and blogging

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michael Vartan :D

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the elections

37. Who did you miss?
old friends I rarely see now and M (blech!)

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Everyone I met this year were great, can't make a distinction on who's the best. (uy, diplomatic :p)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Live life to the fullest. Carpe Diem! Seize the day.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year


"Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself
Lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before"

- Dare You To Move by Switchfoot


Here's to a happier and more prosperous year for all of us!

JeN

0 comments: