me, serious? since when? :p

Friday, November 12, 2004

It took a while for me to discover how much I've changed over the years. I didn't think I changed much coz the changes were gradual. But I got the chance to read my previous diaries one night, when sleep eluded me.

When have I become so responsible and mature? Not that I was very irresponsible and immature before. Hehehe... But now I think things over before going through it. I'm not as impulsive as I was, and I think of the consequences before doing anything.

I was never a party girl, but I like going out. I, however, didn't spend it getting wasted (hehehe.. high tolerance for alcohol, maybe :p) I'd rather hang out with friends and my cousins, eat out or go on road trips, than bar-hopping. Once in while is all right, but barhopping everytime we go out? That's not for me. Well, not now anyway. :)

I've lost count of the times I begged off from nights out that one of my friends called me a hermit. :p I just didn't want to go out and have fun, while my mom was sick. I feel guilty that I'm out painting the town red, while knowing she's battling a very stubborn disease. Mom didn't tell me not to go. It was my decision. In fact, she kept pushing me to go out with friends, but I just didn't have the heart to. It's a good thing my friends understood what my family and I were going through. I wouldn't be a strong as I am now if it hadn't been for their support and prayers.

Reading my old diaries, I just kept laughing coz my concerns and problems then were so trivial. And cheesy. But it was nice to look back. :)


0 comments: