Yahoo! News - Major 6.4-Magnitude Quake Shakes Manila

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Fri Oct 8, 3:22 PM ET
By PAUL ALEXANDER, Associated Press Writer

MANILA, Philippines - An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.4 shook Manila on Friday night, swaying high rises, knocking out power over a wide area and sending frightened residents into the streets. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
Full Story here

-----------------
So where were you during the earthquake last night?

I was in the kitchen with my dad when the earthquake started. I thought at first I was just dizzy but everything started shaking, I felt the floor moving (funny, feeling ko nasa water bed ako :p), and I heard the reactions of my family. Hehehe... isa yata ako sa minority na naaliw sa earthquake (alam ko mga geologists natuwa din, di ba Jance? :p)

I hadn't felt an earthquake this strong and this long since the deadly 1990 (or was it 1991?) earthquake. I think this one lasted at least 30 seconds. This time I wasn't scared, maybe because I'm older and I felt safe coz I was with my family. Nagtawanan pa nga kami eh, kasi natawa kami sa reactions namin.

I was kinda worried though that there would be aftershocks when I was sleeping. I was worried that something might fall on me, like the lights or the dolphin chimes in my bedroom. Hehehe... it was a good thing, there were no aftershocks, or if there were, I didn't feel it. :p

-------------------
Happy birthday, Arlene!

hehehe.. I remember during the 1990 earthquake, you were one of the people I was with. We were in the library, under the stairs going to the computer room. We thought at first someone was just jumping near us, until we saw the bookshelves swaying. Hahaha! Those were the days. :p

0 comments: