murphy's law?

Thursday, October 28, 2004

What do you do when you're stuck in traffic, you're halfway home, and you desperately need to pee? Me? I prayed. Real hard.

It irks me how everything in the cosmos seems to be ganging up on you, when you're in a desparate situation. Everything that could possibly delay you happens, and no matter how you try to avoid it, it catches up on you. Gah!

Yesterday after mom's radiation session, we felt hungry coz we waited a long time. I was craving for a chocolate sundae so we went to the Jollibee drive-thru near St. Luke's. There was a mix up and instead of the regular cokes, which came with the value meal, we got the upsized cokes. That's where it all started.

By the time we were near NAIA, I had goosebumps coz I really needed to go. I distracted myself by singing along to the radio. Didn't work. Then mom said we need to get gas and I was somewhat relieved coz I could finally go to a restroom. Eeep! Didn't work, too, coz OC me didn't think that particular gasoline station restroom was sanitary. Arte talaga. It was only about 10 minutes to our house and I thought it was okay. Wrong again, Jen. The gasoline station attendant was as slow as a turtle and I wanted to curse him to move faster, but it would take too much energy. I decided to keep quiet, close my eyes and pray. Hehehe.

Pag minamalas ka nga naman, tuloy-tuloy. I don't know why, but all the cars in front of us seemed to be driving 10 mph. It was a good thing, ever-reliable driver Ricky can drive like a snake when needed. Hahaha! But goodness, every hump in the village added to my torture.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we were home. I jumped out of the car, sprinted as fast as I could and thanked the good Lord I made it.

Kasalanan yun ng crew ng Jollibee. Nung hindi nila kami binigyan ng large coke, hindi ako magkakaganon. Nyahahaha! Nanisi pa :p


0 comments: