cellphone withdrawals

Friday, October 22, 2004

I left my cellphone at home. We were running a bit late and turning back to get it would delay our trip even more, so I said it was okay not to. Now I'm having withdrawal symptoms. :p I keep thinking how many messages I have, who sent them, if I had missed calls, etc. And it's only 11:20 am! I still have a few hours before I get home and hold my cellphone again. Haaay...

I was never like this before. I had my first cellphone when I was in my senior year in college and even then, it was only for emergencies. Now, the first thing I do when I wake up is check my phone. The last thing I hold when I'm about to sleep is my phone. When I'm waiting for something, someone or when I'm in line, I play games, check my email or listen to my radio with my phone. Or I text friends. My cellphone has become indispensible. A necessity. :p Sabi ko nga dati, "Maiwan na ang lahat, wag lang ang cellphone!"

a simple life

Since our cable provider doesn't carry the ETC channel (well, it used to, but *POOF!* it just disappeared one day), it was only last night that I got to watch season 1 of "a simple life", starring Hotel heiress Paris Hilton and her best friend, Nicole Richie. I caught the second airing of the first episode on StarWorld around midnight. I laughed my a$$ off, because they were absolutely clueless! And I don't mean the cute clueless like Alicia & company were in the movie. Sorry Clare, but Paris could give Jessica Simpson a run for her money. Hahahahaha! She didn't even know what Walmart was. "Walmart? What's that? Do they sell walls there?" Bwahahahahahaha!!!

I'll definitely watch the next episodes, but I gotta say, shows like this, dull the brain. :p

0 comments: