BOO!!! happy halloween!!

Friday, October 29, 2004

You know Halloween, All Saint's Day & All Soul's Day are just around the corner, when every television program starts showing scary stuff. There's an abundance of ghost stories, scary apparitions, possesions, seances, exorcism, horror movies and everything else that could scare the crap out of anyone.

Honestly, even if I'm probably one of the world's biggest cowards, I love watching those shows. I like scaring myself. Hahaha! What I don't like is how my imagination runs wild when I'm alone in my room and about to sleep. Because of the hair-raising shows I've watched, I end up sleeping with the lights on. Heehee!

Maybe it's because I've had my share of ghostly experiences. I still can't explain it until now, but the most vivid experience I could remember happened when we were doing our thesis.

My thesismates and I were finishing the draft of our thesis and we pulled an allnighter at our thesismate's compound in Leon Guinto (it was nearest school). One of our thesismates, Chi, was very sensitive to ghosts. We were the ones tasked to type while the others rested (we worked alternately and had different assigned tasks). It was already around 2 am and we suddenly felt a hot breeze by our ears, like someone blew air at us. I looked at my friend and her eyes were closed and she was praying. I followed suit coz I had goosebumps all over and I felt chilly, inspite of the hot breeze I felt by my ear. We heard a voice we didn't recognize say something unintelligible. At the corner of my eye I could see a woman wearing a Maria Clara outfit by the door. As soon as I turned my head "she" was gone and I thought I imagined it. After a few minutes (though it felt like an hour), the chill was gone and I was shaking as I asked Chi if she saw what I saw. She said yes and that there was also a Japanese soldier standing behind her, looking menacingly at us. She could see him on the computer monitor, but when she looked back, she didn't see anything.

On another thesis cramming session, the boys were in the living room while us girls were in the dining room, finishing our assigned tasks. We decided to have a break and joined the guys in the living room. We stopped at our tracks when we saw one of our thesismates seated on the sofa, but there was space between him and the sofa. He looked like he was sitting but he was floating! Nyay! Chi said he was sitting on the lap of the Japanese soldier she saw before. Aaaaaaaaah!!!!

0 comments: