UAAP Final Four

Saturday, September 11, 2004

The hottest ticket in town will be for the UAAP Game this Tuesday. I'm sure the scalpers will milk every ticket for all it's worth (and more) :p

FEU won over Ateneo this afternoon, 65-51, which means FEU is at top spot and Ateneo is tied with La Salle (who defeated UE last Thursday) for second place. Tuesday's game will determine who will have the all important twice-to-beat advantage during the Final Four.

Of course I am hoping my school will win. They are on a winning streak and I think it's time for the UAAP basketball crown to return to Taft Avenue. :p Tuesday's game is a step towards that.

But even if La Salle is on a winning streak and Ateneo hasn't been as good as they were in the first round, it's still anyone's ballgame on Tuesday. Statistics and team standings don't matter if it's an Ateneo-La Salle game. It's all about school pride and the decades old rivalry. La Salle-Ateneo games are like championship games, it's like everything is at stake.

I may have graduated a few years ago, but I still watch the ballgames whenever I can. There's just something about it. :) Besides, I like cheering at the top of my lungs. hehehe...

-------------------------

Tomorrow afternoon, the basketball teams shall have a rest day, as their respective Cheering squads take the spotlight at 2 pm (to be aired on Studio 23). I'm looking forward to see what the DLSU Pep Squad, Ateneo Blue Babble Battalion and the UP Cheering Squad have cooked up.


0 comments: