an opportunity

Friday, August 20, 2004

A day after I wrote my previous post, a friend mentioned that she was moving to another company. Then she had this idea that I should try out for the position she was leaving. I was excited. :D I immediately told her I would spruce up my resume (which as of this writing I haven't done yet) and send it to her.

Then I thought, I don't have any call center experience and her position is kinda high up there already. My forte is non-life insurance. All my jobs since graduating have been in the Insurance Industry. Leaving it for another industry was daunting. Then she said it was no problem. Ahh... I just love my friends :D

I've actually been thinking of changing my career map for sometime now. Quarter-life crisis? Maybe. I'm not sure. But I've been thinking over which career path to pursue, when I'm still awake at 3am. Then it hit me! Why not a call center? It's a booming industry. And best of all... the graveyard shift fits me to a T.

I may have been a vampire in a former incarnation. My average sleeping time is 3:30 am and I can get by with 3 hours of sleep when needed, as long as I can have power naps. Or I can sleep until 10 am (hehehe). My body clock is whacked. I've tried conditioning myself to sleep at 11 pm, like I used to, but I haven't been successful yet. So why not take advantage of my vampiric nature? :p

Mom has said this to me lots of times (specially when she learns I haven't slept until 4 am): "Hay naku, bagay na bagay sa iyo mag-call center. Patulog ka pa lang, kami pa-gising na." hehehe... sheepish smile and kamot ulo lang ang nasasagot ko :p

I'm not banking on getting the job, but it's a start. There's no harm in trying. A good opportunity fell on my lap and I'm not going let it pass me by again.

0 comments: