book heaven

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Yesterday, my sister and I went to the International Book Fair at the World Trade Center at Roxas Blvd., Pasay City. Book stores and publishing houses were there to showcase the wonderful books at discounted prices (except for fullybooked - bummer).

I was in book heaven! All the books I wanted to read, I saw there. I was like a kid left in the world's biggest toy store - wide eyed and with a big smile plastered on my face. That was how I felt and looked like.

We went to all the booths, browsed and compared prices. I loved the fullybooked booth coz there were lots of rare books there. I saw the Friends coffee table book I wanted and the Six Feet Under book and some other book titles I was looking for. Too bad these books were very expensive. :( But it all boils down to this, as a friend said: "Is it a want or a need? If it's not a need, it's probably not a good idea to buy it, unless you have lots of dispensable cash on hand." Wise friend, that one. :p I just contented myself from browsing each page and looking at all the pictures (until I can get my own copy :p)

It was the National Bookstore booth (actually it could be called a branch and not a booth :p) that I enjoyed. All books were at discounted prices (10-30%) and there was a section for hardbound books at P 99.00 each. It was probably old stocks or second hand, but it was all in very good condition. Besides, it's regular prices range from P 700-1,000, so for P 99 each, that was quite a steal. We were lucky coz when we got there, the staff was unloading some 10 boxes. My sister and I ended up getting 12 hardbound books by Sidney Sheldon, Richard Bachman (Stephen King), Danielle Steele, Jude Deveraux, Anne Rice, Johanna Lindsey, Isabel Allende. That would hopefully last me at least a month of reading

Ay grabeh, lumabas yung pagka-bookworm ko when I was there. So all you book lovers, go and visit when you have the time. The P 5 entrance fee is a steal. Grabe, 5 bucks lang and you're in book heaven! The book fair will end this Sunday, so go and check it out.

♥ JeN

PS: Happy Birthday, Dr. Mona! ;)

2 comments:

BatJay said...

yan ang mga type na shopping spree ko - BOOK FAIR!

dito sa singapore, mga twice a year ang MPH booksale. malaking pera ang nauubos sa amin ni jet. hehe.

Jennie said...

ay naku, batjay. ang saya talaga! dami dami daming books! :D