gimmick night

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Before I continue with my blog entry, I wanna greet my friend...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RIA!


---------------------

My cousin Marlon's Band Version had a gig at the Music Museum last night.. They performed with 3 other bands (it wasd supposed to be 4 but one band didn't show up).

My cousins, my siblings and I went to support them (shempre!). I was very proud of my cousin. Ang galing nya, and I'm not saying this coz he's related to me :p. Their band is really good. I like their repertoir - original compositions, a cover of Elvis's I Can't Help Falling In Love, and a medley of songs, using one chord progression (I'm not really sure how to explain it, hehehe.. basta they started with U2's All I Want Is You and they spliced it with several songs).

The next two bands that performed played all cover songs. And I'm sorry... but they did poor imitations of the songs. Incubus, Hootie and the Blowfish, Maroon 5, Evanescence and Bamboo, would have heart attacks had they heard how the bands murdered their songs. Maybe it was because they had a bad case of the nerves. I don't know....

The last band that performed was really good, though. And for that I am thankful. Their band name is Hollow. Astig yung vocalist, galing ng boses, kakaaliw magperform at yung hair nya... hehehe.. COOL! The bass guitarist was awesome! AS IN! I'm sure punong-puno ng kalyo yung kamay nya, pero ang galing talaga nya. Ang bilis ng fingers...

It was nice to have a night out with my cousins. We hadn't done that in a while. Even if it was raining hard, it was fun. :D

♥ JeN

PS: pictures next time... I don't know if my sister transferred the pics to the pc already. :)

0 comments: