TIME FOR A POP CULTURE BREAK

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Last night, I saw exclusive footages of the upcoming movie, TROY, starring Brad Pitt as Achilles, Orlando Bloom as Paris, Diane Kruger as Helen of Troy, and Eric Bana as Hector. I have been waiting for this film to come out since I learned that they were filming it.

As usual, Brad Pitt was muy guapito, hehehe... and his accent was to die for. :D Did I mention he wore a skirt? Well, technically it wasn't a skirt, but his warrior costume looked like he was wearing a short skirt. Hehehe! Doesn't really matter what it was, he looked good in it - shows off his muscles. :D

The battle scene between Eric Bana & Brad Pitt had to be postponed for a month, because Brad injured his Achilles tendon. Ironic, noh?

I saw the full trailer and the battle scenes were breathtaking (pero shempre mas breath-taking si Brad.. hay.... :p) It's gonna be shown on May 14 and if I'm not mistaken, it will be simultaneous with the US playdate. Note to self: WATCH IT!

Friends, one of my favorite TV shows of all time, is ending it's run next week. :'( I'm sad that it's ending, but since the show is a season late here, I wouldn't feel it's loss for a while.

It's hard to pick just one favorite character among the six coz I love them all. The characters have their own little quirks and they're funny in different ways. If someone would coerce me to choose a favorite it would have to be Matthew Perry's Chandler Bing and Matt Leblanc's Joey Tribbiani. I love Chandler's sarcastic wit and Joey's "naivete".

I am going to miss Central Perk and Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston), Ross Gellar (David Schwimmer), Monica Gellar-Bing (Courteney Cox-Arquette), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Joey & Chandler. I hope it will have a great ending, unlike Seinfeld, which I thought had a lot of hype but didn't live up to it.

I've followed Friends since I was in College. I used to tape every episode and my friend Eloi and I would watch it every Wednesday at home, after class. It didn't matter if we've watched that particular episode lots of times, we'd still watch it. hahaha! That's how much we love Friends. :)

Come to think of it, quite anumber of my favorite shows are snding this season. Sex and the City, Frasier, The Practice. I am going to miss SATC & Friends the most. :'(

When I watched Sex and the City it was already on it's second season. I thought I wouldn't like it then, boy was I ever wrong. It was a good thing one of the Japanese cable channels also have it on their line up. Since then I haven't missed an episode and yup, I still watch the reruns. Hahah! I hadn't seen the ending of SATC yet coz as usual, it's a season late here, but I've read about it and I like the ending. It was how I thought it should end. Happily for all four ladies. :)

I finished reading the Da Vinci Code last night. It was a great book. I think it needs a separate blog entry. Hahaha! Suffice to say I liked it so much I had to research on some of the things/ideas it tackled. Highly recommended!

♥ JeN

---------------------
Fear Factor...
Saturday, May 01, 2004

1. Would you be on "Fear Factor"? I would if I could, but I doubt it.
2. How far would you go to eat gross things? not very far :p
3. What's your biggest fear? the dark
4. Do you think you'd win the show? NEVER
5. Do you watch Fear Factor? yes I do

---from Daily Dirt

0 comments: