On patience

Monday, May 17, 2004

If there is one thing I hate to do it is waiting. I don't want others to wait for me so I expect the same thing from others. I get bored and impatient easily. If I'm supposed to meet someone and he/she is late, it's a mark against that person. If a date is late... sus! major turn-off yun.

Patience has never been my strongest virtue. But ever since mom changed doctors, I realized that I now have a higher tolerance for waiting. Yes I still get bored and impatient, but now I find myself becoming more patient. For example, if before I get cranky when I've been waiting 30 minutes, now I get cranky when I've waited 2 hours. :p

Today I reached another "milestone". Mom and I waited for 3 1/2 hours at Dra. Gorospe's clinic. Grabeh!!! She's leaving for the States tomorrow, so today was her busiest clinic day. If waiting for hours is an indication of how good a doctor is, then Dra. Gorospe is waaaaaay up in the greatness scale.

I didn't realize how long we've been at the waiting area until my butt began to ache. Mwahahahaha!

Whenever I accompany mom to Dra. Gorospe's clinic at St. Luke's, I bring a thick book (that's how the book pile by my bedside slowly disappear). And having a phone with a radio & WAP is a Godsend for long hours of waiting like this.

Honestly, I was tempted to tell mom that we should go, but her doctor isn't gonna come back until June 9, and she needs to see mom before she leaves, so that mom's treatment won't be interrupted. And when I see the doctor's patients who are very weak and who come from far places waiting with us and are not complaining, I feel ashamed. Coz here I am, in the pink of health and complaining. If they can do it, why can't I? Besides, I wnat my mom to get better, so whatever discomfort I feel, I just let it go. :)

But dang it! my bum feels sore. Hihihi!

♥ JeN


0 comments: