ELECTION DAY

Monday, May 10, 2004

I woke up quite early today coz it's Election Day. Honestly, I didn't feel like going at first, but I realized if Fernando Poe, Jr. were to win, I'd be partly to blame, because I didn't exercise my right to vote. I tell you, the thought of FPJ winning had me scramble out of my bed. Hahaha!

We arrived at the polling place a little after 8 in the morning and I took only 5 minutes, coz I made a list of the people I'm voting for the night before.

I hope the people voted wisely, coz another 6 years with an actor for President makes me cringe. Yikes! That probably sounded discriminatory. I have nothing against actors in general. I, however, have issues against actors who run for office because they're popular. I honestly would have voted for FPJ if he explained his platform and I liked what his plans for the country are. But how can he expect me to vote for him if he doesn't talk about his platform and like helmet-head Eddie Gil (who was thankfully disqualified), answers questions with questions? Case in point: In a TV interview, he was asked by Vicky Morales what he thinks about the country's economy. He anwers, "Ewan ko, ano sa tingin mo?" (I don't know, what do you think??) Sheeesh.... Eto pa isa: On one of his television ads, he was asked, "Sir, ano ang gagawin nyo para sa bansa?" (Sir, what will you do for the country?) The panday answers, "Ano ang gagawin, natin? - emphasis on natin. (What will we do?). Nakupo!

God bless the Philippines, if he wins. Please... sana po hindi sha manalo!

Every election, I don't like having indelible ink on my index finger. So the moment I get home, I always wash my hands and try to take it out with alcohol. This time, however, I didn't have a hard time taking it out. The indelible ink is not indelible at all. Good news for me, bad news for the Commission on Elections, coz flying voters would take advantage of it.

As I am writing this, exit polls and quick count results show President Arroyo leading with a slight margin over FPJ. I hope that becomes the trend all throughout.

♥ JeN
------------------
Its lunchtime...
Monday, May 10, 2004

1. What did you have for lunch? i had corned beef & rice for brunch (coz we had to leave for St. Luke's at 11 am); after mom's doctor's appointment, we ate at Pancake Cake House and I had the House Burger. hehehe... takaw :p
2. Is it healthy food? hahaha! I sincerely doubt it
3. Who prepared the food? I prepared the meal at home anf the House Burger was prepared by the Pancake House Staff. ;)
4. Did you finish it all or shared with someone? Mom ate some of the fries which went with the house burger, but II finished it all :p
5. Are you gonna have the same thing tomorrow? nope. too heavy on the tummy (hehehe.. probably because i ate too much)

0 comments: