tuesday ramblings

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Good news! We got the results of mom's first two medical exams yesterday. Her chest x-ray shows that her lungs are clear and her blood tests were all within the normal range. We have to hear her doctor's interpretation, but it looks good to me. I hope I am right.

Whew! That certainly was a load off my chest. Only two more tests to go and I hope the results are negative also. I'm going to accompany mom to the Makati Medical Center tomorrow for her bone scan and abdominal ultrasound. I'm praying really hard that the results would turn out all right. :)

I've started reading one of the books my sister gave me for my birthday: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella And it's funny. The main character Becky kinda reminds me of me when I first got my own credit card, pero mejo mas malala naman sha. Hahahaha! The situations she gets herself into I can relate with. Ang galeng ng choice mo, Chie!

Credit cards can be a boon or a bane, depending on how you use it. At 21, right after graduation Mastercard & Visa sent me pre-approved credit cards. (I think they sent everyone on the graduating students list of DLSU - smart move by the credit card company :p). I've had an extension card from my mom's card, but it was for emergencies & if I want to use it, there's an unwritten rule that I have to ask her first. So getting my own card was like having a license to shop. Hehehe... I think you can guess the results. Haha!

I thnk during that time almost half my salary goes to the credit card company. I don't just buy stuff for myself though (uy, defensive hahaha!) I used to buy books, cds or kikay stuff every payday. Until one day I realized i was spending too much & wasn't saving enough. I didn't renew the cards when it expired, but I was still paying it off that time.

Now I have new cards, but I am wiser now. No cards unless for emergencies and pay cash as much as possible. Ang laki ng interest, noh. Sayang din yun :p

♥ JeN

---------------------
TV TUESDAY

1. Who is your favorite stand-up comedian of all time? I like Jimmy Fallon (teka, stand up comedian ba sha?). Ray Romano is funny but he doesn't do standups anymore. I know Conan O'Brien isn't a stand-up comedian, but i find his monologues at the start of his show hilarious. Besides, he was a writer at SNL. Locally, I like Aiai delas Alas. Shyet! Pamatay pag humirit, sakit tummy kakatawa.

2. Which one could you do without? (Not your type of humor, or just plain stupid!) Chris Rock. His humor can be irritating & oft-putting sometimes.

3. Which comedian do you think has gone on to have a great career aside from doing stand-up? Ray Romano - imagine getting $2 million per episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. WOW!

~Bonus~ If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage? hahaha! probably not. What if they don't find my jokes funny? That would really suck. :p

------------------
Around the Globe...
Tuesday, April 27, 2004

1. Where do you currently live? Las Pinas City, Philippines
2. Name all the places in the world that you can think of that you've been to. ay nako... wala ako maisip. wahahah!
3. What place in the world do you want to go to that you haven't been to yet? madami! Ireland, Boston, New York, Italy, Scotland, New Zealand, France (mas gusto ko makita yung countryside kesa sa Paris. weird noh? :p)
4. What's your favorite place in the world, so far? shempre my country. makabayan ako! haha!
5. What's the worst place you've been to, so far? wala pa naman

---- from Daily Dirt

0 comments: