the passion of the christ

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

The Passion of The Christ was one of the movies I was looking forward to watching. When I got to watch it, the feeling was kinda hard to describe. It was a moving experience to say the least. I knew what to expect, after all the reactions of moviegoers and critics, the promotions and the controversy surrounding the movie. But I wasn't prepared for what I saw. Yes it was graphic and brutal, but that I believe was quite an a accurate depiction of the events that transpired.

It was an eyeopener. All my years at an all girl's school and the religion classes, I thought I had a firm grasp about what Jesus did to save us. But watching the movie made me realize I didn't know half of what He went through. I guess the brutality of the movie made me look deep inside me and I felt guilty and ashamed of the sins I committed. I'm not saying I'll be a saint overnight, but seeing what He went through to save me, it made me want to be a better person.

I admit I cried. A lot. I'm a crybaby but when I watched the movie, it was a different kind of crying. I don't know exactly how to explain it. It was like the tears were coming from deep down inside me.

I salute Mel Gibson for making this movie. And Jim Caviezel was so like how I pictured Jesus in my head. He was amazing.

♥ JeN

----------------------------

Would you rather...?

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

1. ...Enter a mud wrestling match OR a wet t-shirt contest? nyah! neither. i find both degrading.
2. ...Meet your boyfriend's parents OR have him meet your parents? sooner or later we're going to have to meet each other's parents, but I'd rather he meet my parents first. Nakaka-tense i-meet yung parents nya kesa yung i-meet nya ang parents ko. But meeting his parents means a big step in the relationship, so okay na din yun. :p
3. ...Date an older guy OR date a younger guy? older guy. more matured, more responsible (one would hope so :p)
4. ...Get a bracelet OR a ring OR a necklace? I'm a bracelet girl, but getting a ring (especially THE ring would be great, too :p)
5. ...Be famous OR be rich? be filthy rich. hehehe!

---- from Daily Dirt


0 comments: