on writing and other stuff

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

When I was younger, I always hated writing. Sure I'd get quite good grades for papers, but I only do it because I have to not because I want to. My outlet has always been drawing or painting. My notebooks were full of doodles and I'd have sketch pads which I always brought to school. I loved drawing so much I took up Visual Arts as electives in my Junior & Senior Years in High School.

When there were school plays, even in Grade School, I wouldn't audition for acting parts. I would either be in the choir or be the head of the props committee or part of the make up people (faces are like canvases to me).

It started when I was in the 1st grade at St. Scholastica's College, Manila. My artwork was selected to be part of the art exhibit the school sponsored at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. In 4th grade, my class adviser, Mrs. Agbunag tasked me to head the class project, which was a big painting of the "Peñafrancia Fluvial Parade" It's still displayed at St. Scho until now. :) My "artist phase" continued on from Grade School to High School, for all exhibits, plays & presentations we had.

I wanted to be an architect like my dad. But I took Economics & Legal Management, then later shifted to Behavioral Science & Business Management at La Salle. Drawing/painting took a backseat to research papers, accounting, fieldworks, practicum, entrepreneurship. I would only draw when I'm bored in class (you should see my notes :p)

I rediscovered the joy of writing when I had my first heartache. Hehehe. I found it very cathartic. Now I can't seem to stop writing. It's my new outlet. I still draw but I rarely paint. I just have to be in the mood when I draw. I can't force it coz I'm never satisfied with my work when I do.

I think right now, my most valued possessions are my diaries at home. It has my innermost thoughts, fears, dreams and secrets. I'd be mortified if someone reads it. Sometimes when I get the urge to, I read my old diary and I cringe and laugh at the things I wrote back then. I couldn't believe I was that mushy or cheesy at times, or how much of a bitch I can be when provoked.

I think having a blog or a diary is a good way of chronicling (is this a word? :P) your life. Or a way of getting to know your soul. That's why I can't get enough of blogging. I learn more about myself as I read back. Sometimes I may not like what I've done or have become, but as time progresses, i can see how much I've changed and I like what I see.

♥ JeN
------------------------

I got a text message from a friend a while back. I liked it so much, it's still in my inbox:

DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, Thank you for making me healthy. Please make me sexy, too. If you can't make me sexy, please make all my friends fat. AMEN.

Bwahahahahah!

------------------------
In your hood...
Wednesday, March 24, 2004

1. What's your neighbourhood like in the morning? since our street is part of the "friendship route" (which lets motorists from other villages/subdivisons to pass through provided they have a sticker), our street is kinda busy in the mornings. Although since early this month, there's a road construction, the vehicles were rerouted to another street within the village. So for the past few weeks, our street has been relatively quiet.
2. What is it like around midnight? very quiet
3. Do you know a lot of people from your neighbourhood? quite a lot but we don't talk much :p
4. How safe is your neighbourhood? i think it's quite safe. There are guards at both gates to the subdivision, a sticker is required for vehicles to enter, if they have no stickers, licenses or ids are left with the guards, which they can get only when they leave. Our phase also has a roving guard at night.
5. Get outta there or lovin' it? I love it here. it's quiet, it's quite safe, and we've lived here since I was 7 years old.

---- from Daily Dirt

-------------------------
What Kind of Shoe Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

slippers

Slippers- happy, sweet, and adorable, you are well loved by everyone. People cannot help but like you. You love to be surrounded by people that love you, who- in your case- is anyone.


0 comments: