reality tv

Friday, February 27, 2004

I haven't updated in three days, so I guess it's about time I do. hehehe. I'm not sure if the excitement of having a new blog is waning, but I just found myself not in the mood to write the past few days. Or maybe it has something to do with the weather. It's been so hot the last couple of days, it feels like even just a small movement would make me sweat buckets. Hahahaaa!! Or maybe I was aflicted with tamad-itis?

What have I been up to the past couple of days? hmm... nothing much. Too many thoughts in my head though. It seems I have an opinion with just about anything nowadays. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it just feels like I have information overload sometimes. I've always been an opinionated individual, I just try to keep it in check and I don't push others to view things the same way as mine. I wouldn't want to offend them. I listen to their different perspectives & hopefully they listen to mine, too. That's why I always try to do.

But there's one topic that makes my blood boil nowadays. It's the thought that our country may be going downhill again coz, let's face it, there are too many misinformed & i hate to say this, ignorant Filipinos. I don't get how a lot of people want to vote for someone just because he/she is popular or is in show business. I mean, haven't we learned our lesson yet?! Haven't they realized how the last actor to hold the highest position in the land screwed our country over?

I almost had apoplexy when I saw last night on the news that according to the latest surveys, the #2 on the Senatorial race is Bong Revilla & the #3 is Lito Lapid. MY GOODNESS!! Doesn't that news make you want to tear your hair out coz of frustration? I hope before the elections people would have some sort of enlightenment. Tama na nga, I might have a heart attack coz of this. Hahaha!

I found that watching reality television shows would either entertain you or make you stupid. There are so many reality shows & i try to watch them, even once. If I don't like what I see, I don't watch it again. But there are some shows that no matter how much I say I don't like it and I won't watch it anymore, I still do. An example would be Fear Factor. It's not for the fainthearted, specially when you see the stuff they have to eat/drink/put in their mouths. I get queasy everytime I watch it, but i still do. Hahaha! Weird.

Another reality show I absolutely love is American Idol. It's shown here about 2 weeks later than in the US, but I don't mind. I loved the auditions episode coz there were really funny auditioners. I cannot believe how many people think they have the greatest voices in the world, but in reality they sucked bigtime! One such person is named Kiera or Kyra (don't care what :p), who was a Mandy Moore looke-alike. She actually has the voice, but she yodels a lot & it's freaking irritating. Then there's this girl from Houston who sounded like a ghost & the funny thing about her audition (aside from her voice) is that everytime she sings, it would rain even harder, & there would be thunder & lightning. But the moment she stops, the rain stops, too. Bwahahaha! Her voice can affect the weather (i'm only kidding about her affecting the weather of course, but it was really funny).

My favorite is William Hung, a civil engineering student from UC Berkeley. He "sang" Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" & it was hilarious. No feeling whatsoever, and he danced to a different beat, his hands swaying over his head. I also liked that he was very cheerful, even if he was cut ftom the show. He's now an instant celebrity, guesting on Ellen Degeneres' talk show & sang another Ricky Martin song, "Shake Your Bonbon" (which I think is funnier), internet star, and is asked to sing by several organizations for school events and stuff. 99.5RT even plays different remixes of his audition piece (and is contemplating on bringing him here in the summer.) hahaha! I learned that he has been asked to come back to American Idol for a special episode. I am so gonna watch that!

I just saw Suvivor All-Stars. obvious bang couch potato ako? Yay! Richard Hatch is gone. I don't like him. Never did like him. Thank goodness I wouldn't see his bare bum anymore. :D

EEEEP! ENOUGH OF REALITY TV!!!

hehehe... last na about tv :p promise! I was flipping channels last Wednesday, I think. And I came across Special Assignment on channel 2, coz I was intrigued. They were showing several couples going inside a motel, but they didn't pixelize the faces. And I thought to myself, "Shouldn't that be pixelized for their anonimity?" Then the reporter said, these were married people & that Anito motels now do not allow unmarried couples to check in. And I was like, "huh? what do they do, check for their marriage certificates?" And as soon as I thought that, the reporter said the same thing. Hahaha! That's serious loss in business for them. Then he said there was a prayer service before the couples can enter their suites. hehehe.. praying before doing the deed? That's new. There's also a pastor on site if the husbands & wives would like to have a "Marriage encounter". And get this, there's a Bible on the side table. Isn't it kinda weird? Then the reporter said something that made me realize why all these changes: The owner of the Anito chain of motels is now a Born-Again Christian.

Speaking of Christian, I woke up 5 am Wednesday to attend the 6:15 mass at the village church. Bait ko no? :D I figured, I haven't been that good of a person and that I have lots of "pagkukulang", waking up at 5 am on a national holiday (it was also the 18th Anniv. of the EDSA Revolution) isn't such a big deal. Time for sacrifice naman. :) It felt nice going to church very early in the morning. A good way to start the day, coz all day I felt great. Uuuiiii! ako ba nagsulat non? parang di bagay noh? :p

Ash Wednesday, one of my most awaited movies was shown in the US: "The Passion of the Christ". I really want to watch that movie. Critics say it's very violent, but isn't crucifixion a violent crime on a person? Sometimes I think that I might not be able to take it when I do watch it. It might be too much for me. But then again, I think I would be changed in some way when I do watch it. Anyone who doesn't feel affected after watching that movie would have to have a heart of stone. When it's shown here, I have to make myself ready for anything. :)

I'm listening to 24K Friday on 99.5 RT as I write this, and I'm enjoying it. I've actaully been listening since this morning, coz I like their programming on Fridays. They only play "old" songs, song I grew up with. It's nice coz aside from hearing good music, I can associate these songs to certain events in my life. Ahh.. yes. Jennie's on reminiscing mode every Friday. Heehee! German Girl by the Lotus Eaters on the background. Coolness! 80's new wave :D I'm waiting for my request to be played by Ranchie. I'm sure he'll play it soon, coz he always plays my requests on Fridays. :D Hahaha! siguradong-sigurado no? :p

Oh, I read Jason Mraz's journal yesterday. Nakaka-aliw!!! I loved the stuff he wrote about his stay here in the Philippines. Favorite ko na talaga sha. :D

Long entry na naman. :p daldal kasi eh! HAPPY WEEKEND! :D

0 comments: